Cezar Guerrero went off tonight!!

OlRustyBoy

Cezar had 29 pts including 8 threes and single handily put the game into overtime and then won the game for Oklahoma State tonight. Dang he would have looked good in an Iowa uniform. Again it shows Fran knows what he is doing.

He would have annoyed the crap out of me with all of the antics. I'm not an old guy who hates self expression but his stuff is way over the top.

Ben Brust had a pretty good game tonight too. I wouldn't mind having either one of them at all right about now. But that's not to diminish or take anything away from our current players.

So does every player who Fran didn't actively recruit that plays well prove that Fran doesn't know what he is doing?

The kid was a 4 star PG available in the Spring. Not very many of those available and not too many teams with the room to offer.

Think it is probably best to focus on the recruiting battles FM has won.

UNM lost to NMSU at home last night. It was quite the game between two teams that combined probably have a 10% graduation rate. Alford's hair is still four star.

Could someone break down the performance of every recruit we've missed out on in the last decade? Just in football and basketball, I wouldn't want whoever to work too hard. This is so interesting.

Not sure we get Gessel if we had Cezar. without Gessel do we get Woody? Who knows. Who cares. We are back.

Weird back you guys!

weird7.jpg

Not sure we get Gessel if we had Cezar. without Gessel do we get Woody? Who knows. Who cares. We are back.

I agree. I don't think we get Gessel if Cezar is on the roster. I also agree that if we don't get Gessel then we don't get Woodbury. In the end it worked out in our favor but I'm sure that at the time Fran wasn't sure he would get any three of those players.

Having Cezar this year really isn't going to improve our winning %. Long term we are better off with Gesell and Woodbury imo.

Listen, I like Fran but the fact that he didn't get Jimmer, Cezar or Brust mean he knows what he's doing or that he can't close the deal very well? Think that's a legit question to ask right now.

That was impressive, but I am not going to throw Fran under the bus for not landing this recruit. I would rather focus on what the Hawks have and see if they improve from last year.

Iowa tried to get him, didn't work out. They won 10 or 11 games last year, right? I can't blame the kid for wanting to go somewhere else.