Canzeri??

Jon Miller used the phrase "late insertion" to describe the use of Jordan Canzeri this season. "Late Insertion"?

I think it is safe to assume we see more Canzeri from here on out. I would still love to see this guy running back kicks.

Some big holes day, the opponent helped. But only a blind man (or a stubborn old coach) could not see what a big plus speed is.

For god sakes, put Weisman at Fullback, and rotate Canzeri, Bullock, Daniels. That would be one killer backfield.
if they dont try that combo this year i will be sick. When brethard (sp?) Ran that in, same thing with mark and jc or bullock.

This one is a real Headscratcher for me. Clearly should have seen the field way before week 10. Speed, burst, vision should I go one, geez...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!
Makes me wonder how many other guys that are buried on depth chart should be seeing the field and are not.

Kirk said after the game that the other two back were tiered (long season) so presumably, Jordan got more reps to give rest to Weisman and Bullock. just spitballing here.

Honestly anybody would have looked good running through those huge holes. But I love the moves he makes in the open field.

This thread is laughable at best.

Canzeri has had quite a few chances to carry the ball so far in his 1+ years of action.

Today is the first glimpse he has given anybody of anything special.

To pin this on KF as being incompetent is idiotic.

Did you miss the 4th Qtr last week against Wisconsin? I believe the one drive he was in was the only legitimate drive of the 2nd half.

What have you observed in practice, film sessions, etc.? Please share. Thanks.

Yer absorootly rite! I'm gunna join the crowd around hear and assoome Kurt doesn't play people cuz he don't wanna win!

Hes not the one calling out the coaching staff, and in particular KF, for their decisions on playing time. The OP must have some inside access to make a claim that the coaches arent playing the best players.

Beat me to it. Some people. Amirite!?!?

Today was the best utilization of our running backs I have seen in a long time and possibly ever under KF.

I really like how they distributed the load and utilized the strengths of each. I have always wanted to see distribution of the carries to get multiple guys involved, utilize different talents and minimize the impact of an injury/suspension.

Great job and I am very happy for Jordan for hanging in there. The O-line was outstanding today but Jordan showed a lot in taking advantage of the running lanes.

Message to KF ..... Do not be afraid of giving other guys some opportunities when the starter's productivity is waning. We have more talent on the bench and in this program than people realize.

I like what we're doing now keep getting them all in there and keep feeding the hot hands. None of them are special but descent make teams prepare for all of them and see who they can stop.

Well it worked so they will stop doing this that's is one thing I can assure you of.

Really canzeri game rb wise hasn't really gotten many chances. Today was only the 4th time he has gotten more than 10 carries. So even though he has had practice I would disagree with him having opportunities. And those that claim it is about blocking need to watch bullock more because he whiffs on blocks a lot...just ask beathard. It seemed like canzeri had more 10+ yd runs today than Weisman has had all year. And Weisman got opportunities against the same Purdue defense and didn't get much going. Obviously he had less opportunities but they were more in his wheel house and what I think he should be doing. Bullock looked ok but I still would like to see him at wr and Daniels to get more carries.

Give me Weisman all day.

Give me all three. Frankly, all 4. With Daniels, assuming he gains experience the last couple games, you have someone who is similar to Weisman in short-yardage situations. With Weisman and Bullock, we know what we have. Now with Canzeri, we have an added dimension. Basically, we have FOUR options now which should cover just about every type and skill level of defense we could face in a season.

For some reason, although it's 4 guys instead of 2, it reminds of 2002 when Russell was stonewalled at Michigan, but Jermelle Lewis just romped. At other times, Russell just ran wild.

I really don't care who gets the most carries or yards or TDs. As long as they are properly utilized, who cares who the "starter" is, even. And now Weisman can get reps at FB, Bullock and/or Canzeri can be used in the slot, we can set up power options in short-yardage and goal line situations that would REALLY help to open things up in the red zone.

It was great to Canzeri run like he did today. It was great to see Weisman slam home that TD with authority, great to see Beathard get a TD.

Sure it was "just" Purdue, but a win is a win and they should all enjoy it.

Latest posts