Buttgers’ Guards

Fryowa

Administrator
Watching the Rutgers/NW pillow fight...

Rutgers’s guards are quick, and don’t hesitate to drive and penetrate to the hole. That’s one thing we struggle defending against more than others.

Their wings couldn’t hit a swimming pool standing next to it so that helps keep the middle plugged, but if they beat the Shitcats to get some momentum and start driving the ball against us early (and scoring), this Saturday’s game could be somewhat of a trap. Can’t sleep on ‘em.

rutgers has been playing winning hoops for a period of time, now. which is the first period of time since they joined the B1G that they have. don't sleep on RU, they've got a pretty good team that is playing to win. @RU is going to be a tough win to get.

I'm sounding like a broken record, but they stomped a mudhole in us out there last year and beat us up physically and I guarantee you Fran and the players haven't forgotten that.

Luka Garza has a history of stepping up his game when he gets back in his east coast roots. Well, he will be back in his east coast roots.

Watching the Rutgers/NW pillow fight...

Rutgers’s guards are quick, and don’t hesitate to drive and penetrate to the hole. That’s one thing we struggle defending against more than others.

Their wings couldn’t hit a swimming pool standing next to it so that helps keep the middle plugged, but if they beat the Shitcats to get some momentum and start driving the ball against us early (and scoring), this Saturday’s game could be somewhat of a trap. Can’t sleep on ‘em.
They have two things that scare me, athletes with quickness and some nice post players. Looks like NW is throwing in the towel. Rutgers interior defense was very good, NW got very few clean looks inside. Iowa better be ready for a dogfight.

They have two things that scare me, athletes with quickness and some nice post players. Looks like NW is throwing in the towel. Rutgers interior defense was very good, NW got very few clean looks inside. Iowa better be ready for a dogfight.
NW got very few clean looks inside, but Illinois' got plenty. That freshman Giorgi B. took over the game in the second half. Garza could have a huge night.

Should be there for us to win if we don't leave our defense in Iowa City.

Richie P none too happy with the stripes after the game.

Murphy's late charge into Roby was questionable.

Coffey's foul on Palmer will 1.1 seconds was a bad call. In the 2013 conference tournament, Devyn Marble jumped into MSU'S Derrick Nix so hard on a field goal attempt that TV Teddy awarded a no call. And they played on. This one was tame by comparison, the game was in the balance, and they blew the whistle.

In between those two calls Minnesota got unlucky. Otoro blocked Allen's shot and Dupree MacBreyer corralled the loose ball, but his foot was out of bounds.

That call was the most poetic of justice. The refs awarded Minnesota a held ball on a similiar call against us in 2017. Sometimes karma is a bitch!.

I've been worried about this game at Rutgers for most of season. They are extremely athletic, they have bigs that can match ours and it's on the road in a sold out arena. It's definitely a trap game. I don't think Iowa losing there on Saturday should spell any sort of doom, they are a very capable team especially at home. I'd still like to see Iowa win it. They definitely should have the fresher legs and have the much more mature team.

For us lately it seems like it depends on how the fouls are called. It's like a race to who gets the other team in foul trouble. Garza has been pretty bad lately. But if he can get off to a great start and he and Cook can get their bigs in foul trouble early and have a parade to the free throw line. (like how we were early in the season) That's our best recipe for success.

I've been worried about this game at Rutgers for most of season. They are extremely athletic, they have bigs that can match ours and it's on the road in a sold out arena. It's definitely a trap game. I don't think Iowa losing there on Saturday should spell any sort of doom, they are a very capable team especially at home. I'd still like to see Iowa win it. They definitely should have the fresher legs and have the much more mature team.
The positive is that it's sold out because of who they're playing.

Rutgers isn't the worst team in the conference, not by a long shot. So they have that going for them. I seem to remember them beating Wisconsin at the RAC in the last two years and they thrashed Ohio State there earlier this year.

zone zone zone and more zone. Rutgers is not good at shooting 3s. Clog the middle and force them to launch. If it ends up where Rutgers shoots 50% from 3 and you lose, I guess so be it, but the stats clearly show they shouldn't.

Hopefully Fran doesn't get too proud and stays in zone the entire game.

Latest posts