BT Tournament

Anyone going to be watching? Thinking i will pull for Bucky tonight. We can’t possibly suck 3x in a row against them, right?
I'd rather take my chances with Ohio State. There are some vapor trails over here in Wisconsin that Gard is coaching for his job. We don't need to run into a super stoked team playing over its head to save it's coach.

I'd rather take my chances with Ohio State. There are some vapor trails over here in Wisconsin that Gard is coaching for his job. We don't need to run into a super stoked team playing over its head to save it's coach.
Maybe this is a positive, as do they really give a rip about Gard and his coaching prowess or lack thereof...

It aint like Gard is a crap coach. He has his style and it mostly works. 2 x BT champs in 8 years, and that isn’t good enough? I would think he gets more than one down year before he is on the hot seat.

How about that.....Jim Boeheim stepping down at Syracuse. How long until the Fran to Syracuse rumors?

I see Ohio St trashing Wisconsin.....good....don't want to them again tomorrow.

How about that.....Jim Boeheim stepping down at Syracuse. How long until the Fran to Syracuse rumors?

I see Ohio St trashing Wisconsin.....good....don't want to them again tomorrow.
They've already named an assistant to the head coaching position.

Ohio State is trashing Wisconsin, 36-18 at the half. I'd still rather play Ohio State tomorrow. We do not match up well with Wisconsin, for whatever the reason.

They've already named an assistant to the head coaching position.

Ohio State is trashing Wisconsin, 36-18 at the half. I'd still rather play Ohio State tomorrow. We do not match up well with Wisconsin, for whatever the reason.
They are well coached and defend hard, even on perimeter. They are fundamentally sound. As sound fundamentally as anyone. They get all they can from what they have. Iowa does not play all that fundamentally sound. OSU is not as fundamentally sound as W or Nebby for that matter. OSU is athletic and big/broad. They can beat you to death. Iowa isn't going to do that either. Iowa is 1-5 against the top fundamental teams that maximize talent. MSU being the other.

Last edited:
Good luck trying to figure out who will win the BT Tournament. Might as well pull names out of a hat.
Sparty?

Dont want to see us get knocked out on Friday, but they've been quietly rounding into form as the season has progressed.

Wisconsin isn't very good and I think we all know this. Yet when your squad loses to them twice it is hard to talk shit.

It was too bad that Nebbie lost. Hee hee. I don't like that they finished strong as I wanted Fred fired in shame like his twin, Scott Frost. Going .500 and beating Iowa twice might net him a statue in Lincoln.

It will be interesting to see if they make the NIT with a .500 record. They don't deserve it, but if they host they will put 14k in the stands. That matters to the powers that be.

It was too bad that Nebbie lost. Hee hee. I don't like that they finished strong as I wanted Fred fired in shame like his twin, Scott Frost. Going .500 and beating Iowa twice might net him a statue in Lincoln.

It will be interesting to see if they make the NIT with a .500 record. They don't deserve it, but if they host they will put 14k in the stands. That matters to the powers that be.
How in the same hell do you lose to Minny? And how in the double Sam hell do the Hawks get swept by them?? That's a really BAD look.

The NIT is not as easy to get in as it used to be. There was a new rule put in a couple of years ago that says that in some mid-major conferences, if the regular season champion doesn't get into the NCAA tournament due to not winning their conference tournament, they are automatically placed into the NIT. It has shrunk the number of spots for teams like Nebraska and Wisconsin. They may still get in but it's not a given like it was in the past.

The best thing for me about the MN vs N Game? They both looked terrible. Both tried to lose, but only one succeeded. Showed their true colors.

Latest posts