Brown: Iowa schedule lacks flow after well-timed 2013

HawkeyeHypnosis

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...art-of-iowas-2014-football-schedule/14526525/

From article:

"If you're a betting man, it would be good to bet that we'll have an away game to open the Big Ten every year," Ferentz said. "You'd make more than you lose, I know that for a fact."

Iowa's Big Ten opener at Purdue is the third time in four seasons, and the 12th time in Ferentz's 16 years as head coach, that the Hawkeyes begin conference play away from Kinnick Stadium. The Hawkeyes also open Big Ten play on the road in 2015, at Wisconsin.

"I don't know if that's a conspiracy or not," Ferentz said. "But it does seem to be a real strong trend."

It is a very weird schedule with only one home game from Sept 13 to Nov 1....best time of the year for spectating, October...one home game. But November, when it is cold...play 5 games, with 3 at home. I just wish that they could put the byes in week 4, Sept 19, then Nov 8, and play all weeks in October.

I really dont think we should start ******** about this schedule..... Just sayin.

Well if we could drop Wisconsin and Nebraska and add Kirkwood and Drake instead then we would be sitting pretty good. Wait......... Does Drake and Kirkwood have a football program? No? Even better. :) I agree with your point though for a big ten schedule what more could you ask.......play Iowa State twice maybe?

Latest posts