Brandon Wegher All Star Game

WinOneThisCentury

I was clicking through TV channels yesterday and found some college all-star game National vs American and Wegher was playing. He had 90 yards and I only saw the last 5 minutes or so. He looked really good and it wasn't a small school game. I'm not sure what the criteria was for playing but it was a ton of players from the major conferences.

He made people miss and the big thing was he always got yardage after contact. He looked big too. He had to be 215 or more. We REALLY could have used him this year...he was much better than anyone on our roster.

Watching him, and the recollections of Weisman, and you may have a parallel for the program over the past four years. Just as we have cratered at the TB position, so has the program overall.

Glad Brandon's life is back on the right path, but had he stayed at Iowa, his eligibility would have been used up before this year.

Wow, i know it was only 2009 when BW played for Iowa, but does not that seem like that all happened 10 years ago.

it feels like all those babies that BW had at Iowa should be entering junior high about now.

It seems like since forever since Iowa had a top 10 team.

I was clicking through TV channels yesterday and found some college all-star game National vs American and Wegher was playing. He had 90 yards and I only saw the last 5 minutes or so. He looked really good and it wasn't a small school game. I'm not sure what the criteria was for playing but it was a ton of players from the major conferences.

He made people miss and the big thing was he always got yardage after contact. He looked big too. He had to be 215 or more. We REALLY could have used him this year...he was much better than anyone on our roster.

Watching him, and the recollections of Weisman, and you may have a parallel for the program over the past four years. Just as we have cratered at the TB position, so has the program overall.

Oh. Too bad he left.

Side nite... Congrats on your 2700th post.

There are a lot of rumors that the New Orleans Saints are gonna give him a shot and had been to 2 or 3 games in Sioux City this year.

I thought I heard the announcer say he had 2600 yards at Morningside this year or something ridiculous like that.

Yeah, he led the nation in rushing this season. I've seen some of his Hudl highlights from this year, and he looks damn good. Granted, he's playing weaker competition than he was in 2009, but he looked a lot smoother as a runner. Not as much focus on ball protection (not that he was swinging the ball around, but he wasn't making ball protection his first, second and third priorities like he seemed to at Iowa), and a lot more on just running. Really nice vision, and obviously still very fast.

Did anyone ever hear which Iowa player's sister Wegher knocked up? That was the rumor at the time and it was rumored that said player wanted to wring Wegher's neck.

Meanwhile Coker kinda fizzled out at Stony Brook. He got hurt in 2013 and got in a motorcycle accident right before 2014 season

2014:*Played in 11 games, starting three ... rushed for 514 yards and four touchdowns*

Also I noticed Coker was listed as a sociology major. I always thought he supposed to be some super smart physics or engineering guy, but I could be mixed up.

Anyway, it will always be a mystery what happened to him a Iowa. To go from 2nd team Big Ten as a sophomore to back up running back at Stony Brook. Well, at least I hope he got his degree.

I guess Adam Robinson never played for Minn-Duluth. After transferring there, he tore his tendon in practice. Went home to Des Moines to recover and never went back to school.

I guess in DII, if you don't come back, the coaches don't ask a lot of questions.

I am beginning to wonder if A-Rob was ever a serious student.

I guess Greg Garmon never played for that juco college he transferred to. He eventually returned home to Erie Penn and has been arrested twice, the 2nd time for attempted robbery.

You know, by now, almost all the AIRBHG victims would have been done with college by now. Somebody should write a follow-up piece and find out where these guys are.

S

I guess Adam Robinson never played for Minn-Duluth. After transferring there, he tore his tendon in practice. Went home to Des Moines to recover and never went back to school.

I guess in DII, if you don't come back, the coaches don't ask a lot of questions.

I am beginning to wonder if A-Rob was ever a serious student.

He was from the southside of Dsm pretty much a ghetto. Same hs as Bernstein. I don't think he was much of a student at all.

I thought the rumor was it was Robinsons sister that Wegher was messing around with. Don't think he knocked her up though. He'd moved back to the Sioux City area and was living with one of his baby mommas anyway. Not sure if he had more or not but that was a rumor too.

Wegher has a shot. The smallish RB/WR hybrids have found a role with many teams.

Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, Darren Sproules...

Wegher has a shot. The smallish RB/WR hybrids have found a role with many teams.

Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, Darren Sproules...

Totally agree. He clearly has skills. I still remember watching his Heelan highlight tape and thinking he could be special for the Hawks. Sucks wondering what could have been, but the fact he got back in school and on the football field proves he still had the desire to work for a shot. I have to give him credit there. The NFL will take talent no matter where it comes from.

Woodhead, Welker, and Sproles are good examples. Fred Jackson and Pierre Garcon are a couple other guys who made it to the top coming out of smaller schools too. I do believe Wegher could make it if he can manage to keep his head on straight.

He was from the southside of Dsm pretty much a ghetto. Same hs as Bernstein. I don't think he was much of a student at all.

I thought the rumor was it was Robinsons sister that Wegher was messing around with. Don't think he knocked her up though. He'd moved back to the Sioux City area and was living with one of his baby mommas anyway. Not sure if he had more or not but that was a rumor too.
That was the rumor but it wasn't true. Wegher got his girlfriend pregnant who also was on the track team at Iowa. That sort of shook his world up finding out he was going to be a Dad and he pretty much just gave up on school and football.

Latest posts