Bracket Matrix

BryceC

Good website to monitor this time of year is Bracket Matrix. It basically compiles 109 people who make brackets into a sort of composite index.

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Iowa is starting to show up on a few of them.

However, looking at it, I think there are a few teams Iowa could start to bump off. First let's review Iowa's RPI info.I'm pulling it from CBS' RPI site because it's just the easiest to read, it might be slightly different than the official RPI.

Iowa - 5-8 vs. top 50, 2 wins on the road vs. top 50, two 100+ losses

Wake Forest - 2-9 vs top 50, no top 50 away/neutral wins, no 100+ losses
Illinois - 5-8 vs top 50, only one road win vs top 50 team (NW), no 100+ losses problem head to head vs. Iowa
Syracuse - 6-7 vs top 50, no top 50 road wins, one 100+ rpi loss and one 200+ RPI loss.
Xavier - 3-8 vs top 50, 1 road top 50, one 100+ loss, not that good of an overall record
USC - 2-5 vs top 50, zero road top 50 wins, one 100+ loss

The one I don't like in that list in Wake. They have a top 40 RPI, so that basically almost guarantees them a spot, but man they haven't done anything with their schedule except one home win vs. Louisville. USC similar boat, hasn't done anything on the road, has home wins over UCLA and SMU, and then just NOTHING, next best win is BYU, SOS 70, but RPI 38.

I think these are the teams on the shakiest ground, and when you just look at the quality of wins vs. top competition, Iowa stacks up really well against them. Huge win last night, I only saw the last two minutes but it makes the rest of the season really exciting for Iowa.

I know. TL;DR.