Bowl season projections

I don't want to use the term delusional, but can someone help explain to me how Iowa makes the playoffs and two additional Big Ten teams in two of the other top 4? Not sure I see that playing out.

I don't want to use the term delusional, but can someone help explain to me how Iowa makes the playoffs and two additional Big Ten teams in two of the other top 4? Not sure I see that playing out.
I read that story and the author's justification for putting Iowa in the CFP was that they had the easiest path to win out in the West. And then they would have to beat their East counterpart. Not saying that I agree with that but that was his explanation.

I read that story and the author's justification for putting Iowa in the CFP was that they had the easiest path to win out in the West. And then they would have to beat their East counterpart. Not saying that I agree with that but that was his explanation.

He's not wrong but he must not be familiar with Iowa, they always suffer a set back at some point and it could be as early as tomorrow.

Although I get the playoff discussion, and I know it’s nice to see the Hawks recognized, I still do not give a shit about the playoffs. Win the West. Take a run at the East champ, and hope for the best. BT championship is my end game.

Like they did to NW last year?

or Minnesota in 2019.

I am pretty sure @Fryowa just wants to shit on the Cyclones, but Campbell does have a pretty good track record of improving as the season goes on. The expectations for that team were unreasonable, but they will be a tough out through the rest of the season. Too much talent and too much experience to just fade away.

Just to see that, even if it does not happen, has to bring a smile to your face that we are being that highly thought of.

or Minnesota in 2019.

I am pretty sure @Fryowa just wants to shit on the Cyclones, but Campbell does have a pretty good track record of improving as the season goes on. The expectations for that team were unreasonable, but they will be a tough out through the rest of the season. Too much talent and too much experience to just fade away.
I both want to shit on them and think they’re fake news.

Honestly. That team is not great. They almost got beat by UNI, beat by us, beat a team that would struggle in Division 3, and got beat by a pretty bad Baylor team.

I guess my confusion was assuming Iowa gets there by going undefeated then that means they beat PSU. PSU and OSU still play eachother so that would mean ultimately a two loss team would get the at-large and I don't know that the BIG is strong enough to get a two loss team into that spot if that two loss team isn't in conference championship.

Latest posts