Black and Gold Colored Glasses

HawkeyeFever

Last week's loss in Kinnick was a real gut punch and I know that it puts Iowa in the back seat as far as B1G West goes, but I was thinking that all is not lost and there is still hope to win the West.

Hear me out...

Wisky lost to BYU the week before playing Iowa. BYU is no slouch, but had previously lost to Cal and they just got throttled by Washington yesterday. Iowa handed Wisky the game in Kinnick with unfortunate turnovers, otherwise they would have two losses for the year and the Hawks would be in the driver's seat.

In other words, Wisconsin isn't as good as some on here seem to think and I am not ready to hand them the B1G West crown just yet. Their remaining schedule https://uwbadgers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=366 includes away games at Michigan, at Northwestern, at Penn State, and at Purdue. Call me crazy, but I see at least two losses in those four games for the Badgers.

Iowa has a very favorable schedule and could very well win out leading to the HUGE game looming in Happy Valley on October 27.

I know, odds are against Iowa to sweep the rest of their schedule, but I would bet that Iowa has a better chance of doing it than Wisky does.

Glass half full, but only because I drank the first half already :)

The hawks have about an 80% chance of losing at PSU, they could win with a near perfect game, great tackling, and PSU errors but say the Hawks lose to PSU which would give them two losses.

Wisky would have to lose 3 games which I think they could.

But Iowa would have to be almost perfect to only lose two games.

I agree it can be done and we have said so in other threads after the wisky loss.

I think we will know a lot more about Iowa after this saturday's game, Iowa has not been on the road, Minny might only be avg and if Iowa struggles that will not be a good sign.

They have to win this Minny game which might be one of the easier games left on paper.

I'm not so sure the badgers can beat the fuskers. I see a total collapse for the badgers this year...…………..well I can hope can't I.

The hawks have about an 80% chance of losing at PSU, they could win with a near perfect game, great tackling, and PSU errors but say the Hawks lose to PSU which would give them two losses.

Wisky would have to lose 3 games which I think they could.

But Iowa would have to be almost perfect to only lose two games.

I agree it can be done and we have said so in other threads after the wisky loss.

I think we will know a lot more about Iowa after this saturday's game, Iowa has not been on the road, Minny might only be avg and if Iowa struggles that will not be a good sign.

They have to win this Minny game which might be one of the easier games left on paper.
Agreed.
If we can go up there and put a decent beat down on the Gophers, it keeps things far more interesting in the west and shows us a little more about the Hawks.

They could lose to PsU, NW and Michigan. But that means we have to beat NW, which KF struggles with sometimes.

I want iowa to absolutely punish them...I mean physically beat them down...like will and soul crushing domination.

Don't sell them short. They're a tremendous slouch.
Judge Smales
Don't sell them short. They're a tremendous slouch.
Ty Webb approves this post

Ty-Webb.jpg

I'll be honest, when Carrie Underwood was on American Idol, I kept thinking her name was Lacey Underall.

Latest posts