Billy Taylor leaving

I had never heard of Elon. Sounds like an . . . opportunity.

I would love Fran to kick the tires on Matt Gatens.

Billy coached the Hawks very well when Fran was down

Especially substitution patterns and defense adjustments

He should do very well

:cool:

Hire JBo in his place! Or bring over Dean Oliver from Wisconsin.

The new hire should be a guy who knows the nuances of playing defense and perhaps rebounding who is a really good teacher who can impart this info for to fix some of the footwork, eye work maybe focusing on opponent waist areas as good old Dolph Pulliam would do and say "the player can only go the direction their belly button is pointing", and up the defensive play even more.

I think this is more of a loss than many realize. I think he's an up and comer and relates well with the recruits and players. It's a big loss, IMO. Good luck to him, though.

Horner is doing very well at Truman. Hard school to recruit for given academics and lack of diversity.

Referring to Dolph Pulliam, His coach Maury John, I believe wrote a book on the belly button defense. Worked pretty well against UCLA and John Wooden.

Referring to Dolph Pulliam, His coach Maury John, I believe wrote a book on the belly button defense. Worked pretty well against UCLA and John Wooden.

Loved Maury Johns's teams

Went to Vets to watch all of them

Watched them almost beat Lou Alcindor and UCLA in the Final Four

Kareem sadi it was the toughest team he ever played

Anywhere

Damn

Eldridge gets the promotion, just waiting approval. Now onto finding a new head of recruiting and player development, which will be an important role to fill. I think Eldridge is going to be a good recruiter for Iowa.

Latest posts