Big Ten Recruiting Rankings

After signing day:

Iowa #31 5th B10

Iowa #47 10th in B10

Iowa #45 8th in B10

Anywhere from 26 to 47? Yep, recruiting rankings are super important. LOL. Its like political polling, there are so many of them you can always find at least one that says what you want it to say.

From my view, we are bringing in a very good class of high school scholarship players. A couple should contribute as freshmen, but largely, we don't need them to given returning depth across the board. We added talent and depth through the portal, and the walkons coming in are as promising a group as I can remember. Coaches largely did their job this cycle.

Overall a solid class. Wish we had done a bit better in the portal
Honestly had we not lost Proctor and gotten one more impact WR in the portal I think we'd be sitting pretty with where we'd like to be. I think that TE kid we got late could be a hell of a steal. He's only 215 atm or so but by the time he's a RS Soph/Jr if he's 245 lbs he could be a hell of a weapon. Love 6'6 plus tall TEs.

Last edited:
The tale of two coaching starts: Rhule at Nebraska is hired in December and recruits a Top 30 class. The new Purdue coach is hired about the same time, and is lucky to have a class in the Top 70. 5 years from now, I suspect that's gonna be a metaphor for the state of those 2 programs.
Chuckle of the Day: Colorado's class has 43 recruits. 43! Deion gettin' it done on the trail! Ha.
This feels like the weakest Iowa recruiting class out of the past 3 -- but I'm no recruiting expert.

I'm much more concerned about how these players develop rather than their initial star ranking coming into the program. There should be a system that re-ranks these players after a couple seasons. Maybe there is and it's not widely available.

The tale of two coaching starts: Rhule at Nebraska is hired in December and recruits a Top 30 class. The new Purdue coach is hired about the same time, and is lucky to have a class in the Top 70. 5 years from now, I suspect that's gonna be a metaphor for the state of those 2 programs.
Chuckle of the Day: Colorado's class has 43 recruits. 43! Deion gettin' it done on the trail! Ha.
This feels like the weakest Iowa recruiting class out of the past 3 -- but I'm no recruiting expert.
Rhule has over 100 scholarship players going into Spring ball. Coach Prime is worse. I had no idea you could go that far over in the Spring, but they have to get to 85 by Fall camp. So, a lot of kids are going to get shown the door at Nebbie at the end of Spring ball.

A lot of kids got recruited over at Nebbie for better or worse. It will be interesting to see what that does to culture. Nebbie has a pretty good NIL deal going and Rhule has things to sell. He is a good recruiter. We will see if he can cobble together a competitive roster out of all that.

Latest posts