Big Ten Predictions

Here are my game by game Iowa conference predictions based on what I've seen so far.

Blowout Loss vs Indiana
Loss at Michigan
Loss vs Mich St
Win at NW
Win vs Wisconsin
Loss at OSU
Win at Purdue
Win vs Penn
Loss at Minnesota
Loss at Wisconsin
Win vs NW
Win at Penn
Win vs Minnesota
Win at Neb
Win vs Purdue
Loss at Indiana
Loss vs Illinois
Win vs Nebraska

So that is a 10-8 conference record. If we go 4-0 against the lesser non-conf teams we play and split UNI/Iowa St I think we will get in the NCAA

Thoughts?

I think sweeping NW, Purdue and Nebraska is a stretch. Even if that happens given your predictions I dont see the quality wins needed to dance.

Loss vs Indiana
Loss at Michigan
Loss vs Mich St
Loss at NW
Loss vs Wisconsin
Loss at OSU
Win at Purdue
Win vs Penn
Loss at Minnesota
Loss at Wisconsin
Win vs NW
Loss at Penn
Loss vs Minnesota
Win at Neb
Win vs Purdue
Loss at Indiana
Loss vs Illinois
Win vs Nebraska

After earlier saying 7/8 wins. I'm thinking 6. And still better than last year overall.

Loss vs Indiana
Loss at Michigan
Loss vs Mich St
Loss at NW
Loss vs Wisconsin
Loss at OSU
Win at Purdue
Win vs Penn
Loss at Minnesota
Loss at Wisconsin
Win vs NW
Loss at Penn
Loss vs Minnesota
Win at Neb
Win vs Purdue
Loss at Indiana
Loss vs Illinois
Win vs Nebraska

After earlier saying 7/8 wins. I'm thinking 6. And still better than last year overall.

What? Loss at Penn?

I think this years team will be a better team overall than last years team but may not win as many games. This team is so young and it appears Fran is focusing on getting guys minutes and experience. Not saying he doesn't want to win this year because Fran always plays to win but he didn't sub last year like he is this year. Given he has way, way more talent on the team now but having a team this young you can't expect them to make the NCAA tournament, not saying anyone where did, just mean that in general. Not saying they can't make it but if they don't, people do need to relax, next season will hopefully be a great year.

There are zero quality wins on that prediction. The committee would never let us in with that resume....

I think people really don't understand how bad our schedule is.

We are definitely a better team than the last two years. Both of those teams had quality wins. So, it is safe to say we will have quality wins this year. It is also safe to say we will have some bad losses, of which we have not had, yet.

Young teams/players tend to play better at home. I think we are young but talented. I think the only home loss is to Indiana...could lose another one to someone but will consider that an upset.

Things will be tougher on the road...especially with the talent in the conference this year. I think we win on the road against NW, Penn State, Purdue and Nebraska...could win one more but will consider that an upset.

My prediction is 12-6. I think Ohio State and Michigan would sweep us so 1 game on the road against them is an advantage. I think we would split home and home games with Michigan State and Illinois so only playing them in Iowa City is an advantage.

The schedule contributes largely to my favorable prediction. Play home and home against Ohio State and Michigan and play Michigan State and Illinois only once on the road and I put us at 8-10.

Latest posts