Big 10 Team Losses and Portal Gains

WindsorHawk

I’m going to list seniors and probable NBA departures that averaged at least 4 ppg...like always. Please add comments as players transfer in or out via the Portal, withdraw from the draft or opt to return for their COVID year. I will edit this post as things develop.

MI - Livers, Brooks, Smith, Brown, Davis, Johns & Wagner (SO)
IL - Frazier, Williams, Dosunmu (JR) & Cockburn (SO)
IA - Garza, Bohannon & Wieskamp (JR)
PUR - None
OSU - Walker, Young & Liddell (NBA)
WI - Trice, Potter, Davison, Ford & Ruevers
RUT - Baker, Young, Harper (NBA) & Johnson (POR)
MD - Morsell
MSU - Langford & Watts (POR)
IN - Durham
PSU - Harrar & Wheeler
NW - None
MN - Everybody
NE - Webster

Portal Gains
MSU -Walker
OSU - Wheeler
MN - Battle
NE - Wilcher
WI - Lindsey

Last edited:
Bohannon just put out that he would return to Iowa if the state passes NIL legislation. However, the deadline for that to be able to move forward is Thursday.

Also said he could return regardless of legislation but less likely. Sounds like a guy that might want to hang around.

Junior. If he were as good as he thinks he is he’d be the 1st pick in the NBA draft.
Regardless of how good he thinks he is...I'd love to see him in black and gold. The guy can ball nothing wrong with being confident in a sport where everyone else is.

Here's what I found in the transfer portal site today:

Losses to the transfer portal:
Indiana - Khristian Lander, Armaan Franklin, Al Durham, Parker Stewart, Jacquez Henderson, Jordan Geronimo, Race Thompson
Minnesota - Jamal Mashburn Jr, Tre Williams, Marcus Carr, David Mutaf, Jarvis Omersa, Martice Mitchell, Sam Freeman
Nebraska - Elijah Wood, Yvan Ouedraogo, Akol Arop
Northwestern - Miller Kopp
Ohio St - Musa Jallow
Penn St - Myreon Jones, Jamari Wheeler, Seth Lundy, Patrick Kelly, Trent Buttrick, John Harrar
Rutgers - Jacob Young
Wisconsin - Trevor Anderson, Walt McGrory, Nate Reuvers, Joe Hedstrom

Gains from the transfer portal:
Michigan St - Tyson Walker
Minnesota - Jamison Battle
Nebraska - CJ Wilcher
Wisconsin - Isaac Lindsey

Here's what I found in the transfer portal site today:

Losses to the transfer portal:
Indiana - Khristian Lander, Armaan Franklin, Al Durham, Parker Stewart, Jacquez Henderson, Jordan Geronimo, Race Thompson
Minnesota - Jamal Mashburn Jr, Tre Williams, Marcus Carr, David Mutaf, Jarvis Omersa, Martice Mitchell, Sam Freeman
Nebraska - Elijah Wood, Yvan Ouedraogo, Akol Arop
Northwestern - Miller Kopp
Ohio St - Musa Jallow
Penn St - Myreon Jones, Jamari Wheeler, Seth Lundy, Patrick Kelly, Trent Buttrick, John Harrar
Rutgers - Jacob Young
Wisconsin - Trevor Anderson, Walt McGrory, Nate Reuvers, Joe Hedstrom

Gains from the transfer portal:
Michigan St - Tyson Walker
Minnesota - Jamison Battle
Nebraska - CJ Wilcher
Wisconsin - Isaac Lindsey

Michigan St. nabbing Walker was a big time get. Unless someone like Abmas had entered the portal he was the PG to grab.

I thought Myles Johnson was in the portal?

Where's the evidence for Wieskamp?
I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Putting him on there was a conscious decision. If I don’t list him there are countless posts saying he’s gone. By listing him there will be far less noise...only your post thus far.

Regardless of how good he thinks he is...I'd love to see him in black and gold. The guy can ball nothing wrong with being confident in a sport where everyone else is.
He looked fat and slow to me.

FG 44.1%
FT 73.1%
3 31.%

There’s nothing special there. He took 12 shots a game. That’s why he was their leading scorer.

His teammate Young took 7 fewer shots on the year...essentially the same number.

46.9%
72.6%
36.9%

Young is super quick and I’m pretty sure he was on the BT all defensive team.

If a non penalty portal had existed in Lickliter's day we might have had entire teams walk out the door.

The portal would have led Lickliter to the porta.

Saw that Jabari Wheeler committed to Ohio State. Can be a good player for them but not sure how high of a ceiling he will have.

Also saw on Reddit *too tired to look for a credible source, sorry guys*, Adam Miller has entered the portal for Illinois. He will be a great player and maybe a one and done for another team. His range and the fact he wants to be a primary ball handler could really benefit a team like Kentucky.

He looked fat and slow to me.

FG 44.1%
FT 73.1%
3 31.%

There’s nothing special there. He took 12 shots a game. That’s why he was their leading scorer.

His teammate Young took 7 fewer shots on the year...essentially the same number.

46.9%
72.6%
36.9%

Young is super quick and I’m pretty sure he was on the BT all defensive team.

Maybe you're right. Maybe his numbers seamed inflated to me after he put 29 up on us last year, but with what we're losing I'd still take him with open arms next year. Not sure about the slow comment though, I'm guessing his speed and athleticism would be on par with what we have at Iowa. Might be a good fit lol.

I agree though that Young may be just as good if not better. I also think Baker was more valuable to them.

Latest posts