BF

hawk52

I'll say it and I'll take the attacks. BF was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He's a arrogant prick who has no business being the OC at Iowa.

This isn't Madden 94 lol He does fine within the confines of our team philosophy. Again, got a problem with how KF ball works...see 85% of the rest of America for their great ideas and lesser win %. It takes a rocketship from Mars to win a Natty if you aren't OSU, Alabama, Clemson, Florida school or ND. Enjoy some Hawkeye success.

Hayden was a pretty good GD football coach with grit and flair and exotics...and he coached at about the same level of success. I love Iowa football. Gimme more! :)

I'll say it and I'll take the attacks. BF was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He's a arrogant prick who has no business being the OC at Iowa.

Bobby Bowden got jobs for his 2 or 3 sons so I dont mind the whole family thing as Brian played some pro ball after Iowa, coached and learned for a few years at the Patriots, and did the 4 years or so of Oline coaching at Iowa.

What bothers me is he mainly doesnt seem to have a real feel for calling plays, setting up plays, etc that top notch OCs have. He is average as a play caller

This isn't Madden 94 lol He does fine within the confines of our team philosophy. Again, got a problem with how KF ball works...see 85% of the rest of America for their great ideas and lesser win %. It takes a rocketship from Mars to win a Natty if you aren't OSU, Alabama, Clemson, Florida school or ND. Enjoy some Hawkeye success.
You missed the point completely.

Reactions: haw
What bothers me is he mainly doesnt seem to have a real feel for calling plays, setting up plays, etc that top notch OCs have. He is average as a play caller

This. I dont think he is horrible. He is average. That pitch against the flow of the offense was awesome. But would that work against OSU? Or would BF have to set it up against OSU first to make it work? Will he ever mature as a play caller or is he just a daddys boy that plays in the system and gets to call a madden play every once in awhile? And why havent we had an above average QB under BF? Isnt O'Keefe a QB guru?

He has evolved. For obvious reasons he is allowed to try things that his two predecessors weren’t and it has been hit and miss. Also, KF has been more open minded and willing to try new things the last 5 years or so.

KFs’ paws will always be on this offense and it doesn’t matter who the OC is.

Only OC because dad’s the coach? You can make that argument. It’s a football thing. You’ll see it in the NFL, too. I don’t have too big a problem with it. I’ll take Dad and Son to Dad and Davis anyday. Our results with Son and more reliable than O’Keefe, too, though we can quibble about who we’d rather have. O’Keefe doesn’t seem to mind his current role, though. That said, remove the last names of Ken and Brian and you’ll have a hard time justifying Ken as being more qualified than Brian at the time that each was hired as OC.

I’m not sure why this is the game you make this thread following, either, but that’s okay.

I Feel he searches more instead of calling a game with confidence. Then again he is not the one blocking, running, receiving and or the one throwing the ball. Then again what the hell do I know. I'm just a fan and we're 3-0 so .......

I am getting pretty bored with the references to BF being in his position only because of his daddy. Like it or not Brian has pretty good credentials, as mentioned in a couple of earlier posts. Do I think he is championship level as an OC? No, but I think he has been given a longer leash on play design and changed our O for the better.

Only OC because dad’s the coach? You can make that argument. It’s a football thing. You’ll see it in the NFL, too. I don’t have too big a problem with it. I’ll take Dad and Son to Dad and Davis anyday. Our results with Son and more reliable than O’Keefe, too, though we can quibble about who we’d rather have. O’Keefe doesn’t seem to mind his current role, though. That said, remove the last names of Ken and Brian and you’ll have a hard time justifying Ken as being more qualified than Brian at the time that each was hired as OC.

I’m not sure why this is the game you make this thread following, either, but that’s okay.
Coaching and Hollywood are two areas where nepotism reigns supreme.

It’s Greg Davis’s fault.

Doesn’t seem to matter who the offensive coordinator is……………. hmmmmmm …………… what’s the common thread here ………. or should I say who is the common thread here?

Glad we won but it wasn’t pretty.

By half time I was thinking Brian should be a vacuum cleaner salesman because his offense sucks.

Again I was glad we won. I guess on the bright side there is plenty of room for improvement

I agree.. his play calling stinks.. but think about this, every OC under KF is going to be held back because KF over rides the initial play calling.. Also KF s philosophy is if we're ahead in the 4th quarter we play not to loose.. It's so obvious..

We have to start stretching the field some and get our WRs some more volume. Tracy I think is a solid player. Find ways to feature him more. We used to get both Marvin McNutt and DJK 5 plus touches a game. Surely the heck we can get 1 WR more then that consistently.

There are too many unhappy pricks in this world. We are undefeated and ranked 5th in the country. Can't we hold hands and sign kum bi ya for a week or so?

Hating Iowa's OC has been consistent sport for the entirety of the KF era. Its not the OC, its the HC. The OC is doing exactly what his Dad wants.

I'm probably in the minority here but I like Brian in the offensive coordinator position and my reasons for that are quite simple. I don't think there is another offensive coordinator alive who Kirk would hire and actually listen too. Ever since Brian has been the coordinator I've witnessed this offense get more aggressive, that last touchdown against Kent State would not have happened under any other coordinator as KF wants to sit on the ball. Brian might be the only person in the country who will stand up to dad on play calling and/or offensive theory in general because he knows damn well that dad won't fire him. Do I think Brian is in his position because of his dad, absolutely, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

Latest posts