Baker Mayfield

MursenarySkum

1. That was awesome when he planted the flag at midfield, But I wish it would have stuck in the ground. Sick photo op

2. I hate that he was forced to apologize.

3. I hate Ohio st.

Coach Bro basically let this kid walk away rather than admit he was wrong not to give him a scholarship. Now he has Nic Shimonek running his offense.

The kid behind Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, was one of the hottest Texas High School quarterback prospects of the past several years. He is way too short for the NFL, but he is built like a baseball short stop and has some natural big play making ability.

I love how he said he didn't mean it to be disrespectful when the whole point of stabbing a flag in the opposing team's logo on their home field is to disrespect them.

22 year old brains are marvelous contraptions.
IKR... Kinda like not standing for the anthem to protest yet saying your not protesting the troops, police or first responders...

IKR... Kinda like not standing for the anthem to protest yet saying your not protesting the troops, police or first responders...

TMdmy.gif

I love how he said he didn't mean it to be disrespectful when the whole point of stabbing a flag in the opposing team's logo on their home field is to disrespect them.

22 year old brains are marvelous contraptions.

You're assuming he wasn't coached to say what he said. I hate these fake apologies. You think he actually feels bad? I'd be shocked if he did.

Coach Bro basically let this kid walk away rather than admit he was wrong not to give him a scholarship. Now he has Nic Shimonek running his offense.

The kid behind Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, was one of the hottest Texas High School quarterback prospects of the past several years. He is way too short for the NFL, but he is built like a baseball short stop and has some natural big play making ability.

Makes me think of Doug Flutie! I don't think we'll ever see QB's like that in the NFL anymore.

He had nothing to apologize about! I wish he would've said "yes I meant to be disrespectful to OSU. They embarrassed us last year and this was payback. That's why you got an Oklahoma flag planted at midfield. ". This country has become so concerned with everyone's feelings and political correctness it is pathetic. Had to sit through Beth Mowins and a sideline reporter who could barely speak English on MNF just so ESPN could cater to the far left. Next week it will be Caitlin Jenner.

He had nothing to apologize about! I wish he would've said "yes I meant to be disrespectful to OSU. They embarrassed us last year and this was payback. That's why you got an Oklahoma flag planted at midfield. ". This country has become so concerned with everyone's feelings and political correctness it is pathetic. Had to sit through Beth Mowins and a sideline reporter who could barely speak English on MNF just so ESPN could cater to the far left. Next week it will be Caitlin Jenner.
Let your playing speak for itself.

Don't make a complete dickhead out of yourself and your team.

If he had done it to our brand new Tigerhawk everyone here would have gone completely batshit crazy.

It would be in poor taste if he did it against a group of 5 team. But they blew out the #2 team in the nation after getting blown out at their place the year before. He literally held a flag at their 50. What's the BFD?

While it was not the height of sensitivity or civility, I would not have asked him to apologize if it were up to me.

The best way for osu to avoid it is to beat them on the field during the preceding 60 minutes.

These forced apologies are emblematic of the times we live in. Oh no! somebody's feelings got hurt! Oh my! I need a safe space!

Not a Mayfield fan but I have no problem with it whatsoever. It's gamesmanship. He came into a touch environment after they were embarrassed at home last year and persevered. I'm sure the OSU students/fans that were taunting him all game were going to change their tone and applaud him if OSU had won. If I were an OSU fan I think I'd of been more pissed about his performance during the game and the way he lit up the secondary than what he did afterwards. We need to quit with the PC crap. Fanbases razz players. Players should be able to give it right back to them.

Update: I think he just found another wide open target.

If he had done it to our brand new Tigerhawk everyone here would have gone completely batshit crazy.

He was having fun and caught up in the moment. I don't think that makes him or any of his teammates look like "dickheads". If he'd of done it at our place I think 90% of the posters would have been more pissed about our performance during the game than after it.

What's the difference between that as opposed to rushing another teams sidelines to recapture a rivalry trophy?

We all would have been crazy pissed if it happened to the tiger hawk, but it didn't. It happened to Ohio st. Which makes it awesome.

Latest posts