B5Q - Wisconsin-Iowa Preview: Would You Trade Ben Brust For Jarrod Uthoff?

Best part:
However, there won't be an emotional home court atmosphere to aid the Hawkeyes this time. In fact, the Kohl Center may be more inhospitable than usual due to a few factors.

For one, Wisconsin has now inexplicably lost three straight games to Iowa, whom it now trails in the all-time series, 79-77. Secondly, the fact that Uthoff is in the building for the first time with his new team will put a certain segment of the crowd on edge.

Do you see it?

I'd like to hear Spank answer the Brust vs. Uthoff question.

Iowa could certainly use Brust's outside prowess this season due to the lack of shooters on this team.
But overall, I think Uthoff brings a more dynamic overall game to the team. I would take Jarrod over Ben if I had to choose.

Plus Brust has just one year left, while Uthoff has three.

I always get a chuckle out of vadger fans. They cannot comprehend that they've been beaten 3 straight times by UI. It cannot be fathomed that UI has improved and they have pretty much been stagnant.
"Wisconsin has now inexplicably lost three straight games to Iowa" It just cannot be explained!
Should Iowa win tonight, the universe may just implode.

Iowa could certainly use Brust's outside prowess this season due to the lack of shooters on this team.
But overall, I think Uthoff brings a more dynamic overall game to the team. I would take Jarrod over Ben if I had to choose.

Plus Brust has just one year left, while Uthoff has three.

Badger fans would do the same, otherwise they wouldn't even be asking the question.

I'll narrow the quote down more to see if anyone catches what I'm talking about -

Secondly, the fact that Uthoff is in the building for the first time with his new team will put a certain segment of the crowd on edge.

I always get a chuckle out of vadger fans. They cannot comprehend that they've been beaten 3 straight times by UI. It cannot be fathomed that UI has improved and they have pretty much been stagnant.
"Wisconsin has now inexplicably lost three straight games to Iowa" It just cannot be explained!
Should Iowa win tonight, the universe may just implode.

Well, because they are usually a much stronger program than Iowa, and they should probably be able to beat Iowa easily whenever they play.

I hope this helps.

Brust would have been perfect in Lickliters offense and is a good fit for Wisconsin, not so much here. Through out his career he has done most of his damage in the non conference schedule and struggles in B1G play. So no, I would not make this trade.

Latest posts