Purdue staying right with us, Wisc. in freefall mode

4 Illinois 76
2 Mich. 53

25 Wisc. 69
23 Purdue 73

Ind. 58
Mich. St. 64

Purdue staying right with us, Wisc. in freefall mode
Not surprised by Bucky Boiler score so much-Purdue nasty place to play, and WI 3 pt shooting was pretty bad. Illinois just stomped Michigan though. Why couldn't have MI played like that against us?

That Illinois score shocked me. That hurt our chances at a 1 seed. If Illinois beats OSU, I think they have a 1 seed locked up. Michigan and Zags already have 1 seeds locked IMHO. Gotta hope Baylor continues to wobble......

That Illinois score shocked me. That hurt our chances at a 1 seed. If Illinois beats OSU, I think they have a 1 seed locked up. Michigan and Zags already have 1 seeds locked IMHO. Gotta hope Baylor continues to wobble......
Michigan and Illinois will most likely secure #1 seeds. There is no way they'll let 3 B1G teams have #1 seeds.

I’m just not obsessed with being a 1 seed. As a 1 or 2 we likely play the same caliber of team to make the FF4. The difference between 8/9 or 7/10 doesn’t matter much. And playing the 3 seed isn’t terrifying.

I’m just not obsessed with being a 1 seed. As a 1 or 2 we likely play the same caliber of team to make the FF4. The difference between 8/9 or 7/10 doesn’t matter much. And playing the 3 seed isn’t terrifying.
I agree. The 1 looks good for recruiting, but I'm not sure it makes a big difference for making a deep run.

I also don't believe Illinois is a lock. If they make it to Sunday, maybe. But (I've said it before) if Iowa wins out, I believe that warrants serious consideration. It would mean probable wins over Illinois AND Mich.

Simply my $0.02 .. .. ..

I would agree if they were ok with putting Big 10 teams in the same bracket. Since they aren't tho, it's a pretty big difference between a 1 and 2 as far as making the final 4 is concerned. I'd rather play Alabama than Gonzaga or Baylor.

I would agree if they were ok with putting Big 10 teams in the same bracket. Since they aren't tho, it's a pretty big difference between a 1 and 2 as far as making the final 4 is concerned. I'd rather play Alabama than Gonzaga or Baylor.
I would love to make the FF4. But the Elite 8 is really good. And at that point I want to win it all. And there’s no guarantee the ones are even in play at that point.

The SC will have 3 BT teams in at least 1 Region. It can’t be helped.

Side Note - Personally I would rather play a team that hasn’t seen us...unless it’s the Zags.

I still say the outcome for the hawks will depend on when they play a team with really tough defensive guards. That is the type of team that disrupts Iowa's offense. I hope the hawks have a great big 10 tourney and get a high seed to make it to at least the sweet 16. At that point anything can happen when you have a hot shooting streak matched by opponents who are not on their game.

I would love to make the FF4. But the Elite 8 is really good. And at that point I want to win it all. And there’s no guarantee the ones are even in play at that point.

The SC will have 3 BT teams in at least 1 Region. It can’t be helped.

Side Note - Personally I would rather play a team that hasn’t seen us...unless it’s the Zags.
I'd be happy with the elite 8 too. I was just saying a 1 is a huge advantage for the final 4 compared to the 2 because the stupid conference rule they have for not putting 1 and 2 seed in the same bracket.

Latest posts