B1G official: No rule against CBI

Would love to see the Hawks host a home game in the CBI. One or more chances to see Gatens, Cartwright and Brommer play in front of the home fans.

I really hope this happens if the NIT doesn't work out!

That is reassuring. I think it would be neat if Gatens got to play in CHA one more time. That is if they cannot get into the NIT.

I don't put a lot of stock into what the B1G says. They couldn't openly say they were against it because essentially you might be telling a team that they can not take advantage of an opportunity to make your program better. I wonder if they don't have an official rule against it, but privately frown upon it.

Just because there isn't official rule doesn't mean it isn't discouraged teams to enter.

“There is no conference agreement that restricts access to this or any other postseason basketball tournament,â€Â￾ Rudner wrote. “We have not had a team participate in the CBI.â€Â￾

Along the lines of what WhitUp said, the last line of the above quote seems extraneous unless interpreted as "Big Ten teams don't play in the CBI (wink)."

If we don't make the NIT, I really hope this team gets the chance to play more and gun for some sort of championship. Who wouldn't want more basketball?

If Iowa has to pay to play then why should it matter?

I'm not saying it does matter, but if delaney has a reason to not want big ten teams in the CBI I'm guessing he's got enough sway to make that happen without making an official or public rule. Not saying that's whats happening, but if he doesn't want it, I don't know if I take my stand against Jim delaney over the freakin CBI.

Just because there isn't official rule doesn't mean it isn't discouraged teams to enter.

If there is no rule, what can the B10 do? Give Iowa the cold-shoulder at the next meeting?

Who cares? Do what is best for the program. We are not talking about doing anything unethical here. We are talking about playing in a basketball tournament.

I don't really care what the b10 "thinks." The lack of a rule against is the end of the story. And, as usual, I will contend that we should go with the wishes of the players, even if it is not the most prestigious tourney...my guess is they would give anything to play in the CBI if no NCAA or NIT.

Latest posts