Auburn put on 4-year probation; Bruce Pearl suspended 2 games

tweeterhawk

There are many on here (myself included) who wanted Pearl to be hired at Iowa. Perhaps we dodged a bullet.

Pearl has to sit out the nebraska and North Alabama games LOLOLOLOLOL

He's probably super stoked that he doesn't have to show up for those.

And losing two scholarships......gimme a break. With NIL now, a donor could easily pay a kid's tuition completely legally and out in the open. Until they start yanking guys' coaching certifications, there's going to continue to be massive cheating.

How many chances do these serial cheaters get?
Limitless... When it comes to that kind of cheating anyway. Slaps on the wrist slaps on the wrist. Ole Chuck got it right in the shorts though he's probably done with coaching in college. Nobodys going to hire him. But Pearl he's a cockroach that won't ever go away. There's always going to be a desperate AD out there wanting to quickly jump start a fallen or down program. Guys like him and Alford will always have a soft landing no matter what.

There are many on here (myself included) who wanted Pearl to be hired at Iowa. Perhaps we dodged a bullet.

Did we though? He's generally has really good teams that can even win a few in the NCAA tournament. Would you trade some of that squeaky clean image for a Final Four or are we above that?

The main problem I see is Pearl gets caught. No way in hell this isn't going on all across the country. How do we know Tyler Cook didn't get a McD's sack? :)

How many chances do these serial cheaters get?
He got suspended. Anyway, this sounds similar to the Louisville situation where everything was the fault of a rogue assistant. I get it that the head man has some culpability, but he can't be all places at once.

Pearl's resume is better than Iowa's in the post-Lute years. I'd take that proverbial bullet just to get close enough to having a shot at winning it all. Pearl fought for the integrity of the Big Ten by reporting the issues around Deon Thomas.

Latest posts