At year 13 for Hayden Fry

dekhawks

How many of his assistants had moved on to head coaching jobs or basically moved up the ranks. Barry Alvarez, Bill Snyder, Bob Stoops, Mike Stoops, etc. Have any of Kirk's coaches within the system ever moved on to bigger and better things?

The only one I can think of is Ron Aiken Def line coach who left in 2006 for the Arizona Cardinals.

Fry said that he didn't want to hire anyone who didn't want to move up to head coach someday. There is validity to that; staying hungry is good.

I wasn't supposed to say anything but I hear KOK is interviewing for a head coach position at Briar Cliff College in Sioux City, Iowa this week. :)

How many of his assistants had moved on to head coaching jobs or basically moved up the ranks. Barry Alvarez, Bill Snyder, Bob Stoops, Mike Stoops, etc. Have any of Kirk's coaches within the system ever moved on to bigger and better things?

I don't know for sure, but I am guessing we are in rarefied air when we talk about Hayden's coaching tree. Any other coach have this much success? Might be, but it doesn't happen often I would think.

Who cares?

2012 coaching changes -

Defensive coordinator: Ron Aiken
Offensive coordinator: Joe Philben

We need to bring back the coaching passion of the first 5 KF years. We need new blood to energize the team. The coaching staff has become stale.

2012 coaching changes -

Defensive coordinator: Ron Aiken
Offensive coordinator: Joe Philben

We need to bring back the coaching passion of the first 5 KF years. We need new blood to energize the team. The coaching staff has become stale.

I agree 100%.
But it ain't happenin'

This is the stupidest of all KF-hater arguments.

There's definitely a complacent attitude within the coaching staff. That's what happens when you have assistants who aren't looking to move up and also no there jobs are safe. There's no incentive to improve or adapt. Having hungry, young coaches who are looking to get noticed and move up can prevent that complacency from setting in.

I gotta keep hope alive. In 2002 - 2004, you knew something special was going on. Coaches and players had an edge to them. Now, they are just dull. Time for new blood on the staff to bring back that edge. If KF picks the right people, even he will get his edge back and start having fun again.

One huge difference in yr. 13 Hayden v. KF --- Asst. Pay!! (even coordinators) v. head was a much bigger gap than today. Most Big 10 coordinators in 300-750K (Mattison - Def @ Mich)... SEC coordinators - +1Million. Assistants wait for right opportunity v. any opportunity (Snyder - K St.)

There's definitely a complacent attitude within the coaching staff. That's what happens when you have assistants who aren't looking to move up and also no there jobs are safe. There's no incentive to improve or adapt. Having hungry, young coaches who are looking to get noticed and move up can prevent that complacency from setting in.

Yep, they definitely dont care

cmon

What was Fry's record after 13 seasons? Compare that to Ferentz. Both coaches get the job done using different ideas on how to fill a coaching staff.

Latest posts