Are we ranked after this?

Who cares about rankings, the hawks need to win at MSU and they can do it. Barkley is amazing, but the hawks need to get a win on the road to make up for this loss and they can do it.

I was thinking about this toward the end of the game. Conventional wisdom has us ranked at 4-0 coming off a top 5 win, but watching the game, did I see a top 25 Iowa team? Wasn't sure.

I'm not certain Penn State will be ranked in the top 20 at season's end, they are perhaps the worst #4 team I have ever seen. As such, Iowa should not even get votes for the top 25 given the loss

Should be and if they'd have had one more stop they would be no doubt. But it wouldn't surprise me either way. Win at MSU next week and I be we'll crack the rankings for sure.

I'm not certain Penn State will be ranked in the top 20 at season's end, they are perhaps the worst #4 team I have ever seen. As such, Iowa should not even get votes for the top 25 given the loss

Many here, and elsewhere, would say that honor was for '15 Hawkeyes.

Is it possible '17 Iowa is simply a very solid team And gave a very good PSU team a tough out? Time will tell...

Interesting, yes PSU has to go to Ohio St but they have Michigan at home this year.

PSU has the best offensive player in the Big Ten in Barkley, a very good QB who showed me more accuracy than I had read/heard about, and some very good receivers. I thought their offensive line could have been called for holding more and that might bite them against a faster defense than Iowa's like OSU and Mich.

PSU is fast and athletic on defense, they say their corners are their weak link, and if they keep blitzing 40% of the time their may be a game or two they give up some big plays that give them a loss. I almost happened last nite.

This game will go to show how ridiculous the rankings are. Iowa was literally inches from winning that game and with a win they're probably ranked in the 15-18 range in the polls. Instead they'll be about 30-35th in the "others receiving votes" category

Latest posts