Are there bowl games this year besides the 3 CFP games?

uihawk82

All the big teams play that extra 9th game matchup but someone mentioned the hawks getting a good bowl.

I didnt think there would be any bowl games without many people in the stands if any. I saw a list of bowl games on ESPN but that could be old.

So are there any?

Without fans buying tickets and filling the hotels, bars, and restaurants I don't see how they could have most of those bowl games.

I could see a lot of teams choosing to stay home but technically all teams are bowl eligible this year.

Plus some bowls have been canceled like the Redbox bowl, Holiday bowl, Bahamas bowl, and maybe the Hawaii bowl?

But most bowls will be be played because ESPN is willing to pay for them even with no fans in the stands and they will find some team that wants the extra game.

My guess for Big Ten teams going to bowls

OSU. - CFP bowl. This year the Rose Bowl is a playoff semifinal. So my guess is that OSU will play in the Rose Bowl as 1 of the 4 playoff teams.

NW - Cotton Bowl
NW should finish 8-1 which should be good enough for the Cotton Bowl

IOWA - Citrus
I am assuming here that Iowa will beat Wiscy

Indiana - Outback

Wiscy - Duke's Mayo Bowl (yes that's a real bowl, formally known as the Belk Bowl, located in Charlotte, NC)

Purdue - Music City Bowl
MD - Pinstripe Bowl
Mich - guaranteed rate bowl (Phoenix Arizona)
Canceled in 2020 - redbox bowl in Santa Clara, CA
Canceled in 2020 - Quick lane bowl in Detroit, Mich

No bowl - MSU, PSU, Rutgers, Neb, ILL, Minny

My guess for Big Ten teams going to bowls

OSU. - CFP bowl. This year the Rose Bowl is a playoff semifinal. So my guess is that OSU will play in the Rose Bowl as 1 of the 4 playoff teams.

NW - Cotton Bowl
NW should finish 8-1 which should be good enough for the Cotton Bowl

IOWA - Citrus
I am assuming here that Iowa will beat Wiscy

Indiana - Outback

Wiscy - Duke's Mayo Bowl (yes that's a real bowl, formally known as the Belk Bowl, located in Charlotte, NC)

Purdue - Music City Bowl
MD - Pinstripe Bowl
Mich - guaranteed rate bowl (Phoenix Arizona)
Canceled in 2020 - redbox bowl in Santa Clara, CA
Canceled in 2020 - Quick lane bowl in Detroit, Mich

No bowl - MSU, PSU, Rutgers, Neb, ILL, Minny

Assuming Wisconsin plays another game this year...................they seem to be snake bit

I just saw the Pinstripe Bowl in NYC is cancelled and I know that is not a big loss. I suppose they could play the game inside of a church. Sorry.

I just saw the Pinstripe Bowl in NYC is cancelled and I know that is not a big loss. I suppose they could play the game inside of a church. Sorry.
The B1G agreeing to play in the Pinstripe Bowl is almost, but not quite as bad as Legends and Leaders.

Don't forget that a B1G team will play in the Rose Bowl.
Maybe, but the Rose Bowl is 1 of the 2 playoff semi-final games this year. If OSU (or NW) makes the playoffs this year, odds are 50/50 they will end up in the Rose Bowl.

The B1G agreeing to play in the Pinstripe Bowl is almost, but not quite as bad as Legends and Leaders.
The suits in the league office wanted to brand the B1G on the east coast and still continue those efforts to this day. Thats why Rutvers and Maryland are in the conference

I still say...let's thumb our noses at the Chamber-of-Commerce bowls this year and get Iowa and Iowa State together.

OK Guys take your pick

Auburn
Texas A&M
Georgia
Arkansas

LSU (nope too many times)
Florida (nope for many reasons)

They could always move that bowl to the North Pole.

I still say...let's thumb our noses at the Chamber-of-Commerce bowls this year and get Iowa and Iowa State together.

The conference has an exclusivity agreement with each school. You can't play a game without the conference's approval. The conference should just give everyone blanket approval this year and let the schools who didn't make bowls try to hastily put together their own games. Nebraska could play Mizzou. We could play the Clowns. Etc. Just give each conference co-existing broadcast rights so no one can complain. The kids get some practice, the fans can get some regional games, the networks have some more content to show. Pretty much everyone wins.

The conference has an exclusivity agreement with each school. You can't play a game without the conference's approval. The conference should just give everyone blanket approval this year and let the schools who didn't make bowls try to hastily put together their own games. Nebraska could play Mizzou. We could play the Clowns. Etc. Just give each conference co-existing broadcast rights so no one can complain. The kids get some practice, the fans can get some regional games, the networks have some more content to show. Pretty much everyone wins.

A good idea that could work but some matchups wouldnt draw enough eyes for tv unless the production costs are so low. This is a year where ISU-Iowa would draw a lot of eyes around Big 10-Big 12 states. Nebby Mizzou, eyes from two states but maybe that is enough for TV to make money

Latest posts