Anyone watch the Pats game yesterday and immediately think of Iowa

kicker22

Down 2 scores New England seriously looked like they'd dialed it back and simply cared about nothing more then the clock reaching zero. It was the first time I'd ever seen a 2 possession game and thought to myself this coaching staff truly doesn't care about football and have totally given in. They didn't even want to use their TOs. They suddenly it hit me that for whatever reason it reminded me of the last few Iowa games.

I'm not saying the players and coaches don't want to win or have mentally checked out, but there is absolutely no expression (passion). I didn't get that feeling while watching Iowa play the past few weeks, but for whatever reason I thought about Iowa watching Belichick's press conference after the game and listening to him talk about how he was still focused on the game while doing the conference knowing that based on what I saw, he gave up on it and checked out prior to the final whistle.

I know they say "every game counts" in the NFL, but New England basically threw that game trying not to get anybody hurt. Their 3rd string QB has ligament damage to his thumb on his throwing hand and they didn't sign anybody to fill in that week. They'll be a completely different team this week with Brady back at QB, while Iowa has looked horrible for 3 weeks.

I know they say "every game counts" in the NFL, but New England basically threw that game trying not to get anybody hurt. Their 3rd string QB has ligament damage to his thumb on his throwing hand and they didn't sign anybody to fill in that week. They'll be a completely different team this week with Brady back at QB, while Iowa has looked horrible for 3 weeks.

Good point, but to cash it in the way they did yesterday was an embarrassment and I hate the Pats. I just feel bad for anyone that took the time to attend that game.

Down 2 scores New England seriously looked like they'd dialed it back and simply cared about nothing more then the clock reaching zero. It was the first time I'd ever seen a 2 possession game and thought to myself this coaching staff truly doesn't care about football and have totally given in. They didn't even want to use their TOs. They suddenly it hit me that for whatever reason it reminded me of the last few Iowa games.

I'm not saying the players and coaches don't want to win or have mentally checked out, but there is absolutely no expression (passion). I didn't get that feeling while watching Iowa play the past few weeks, but for whatever reason I thought about Iowa watching Belichick's press conference after the game and listening to him talk about how he was still focused on the game while doing the conference knowing that based on what I saw, he gave up on it and checked out prior to the final whistle.

That's because his team is probably going to run the table starting next week when the best QB in the history of The League puts his pads back on.

That ain't even the situation at IOWA LOL

Good point, but to cash it in the way they did yesterday was an embarrassment and I hate the Pats. I just feel bad for anyone that took the time to attend that game.

Well, yeah, it sucked for the fans, but I'm sure they'll get over it when they're celebrating another superbowl win in early 2017.

yeah, and the Pats will most likely be in the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl where Iowa probably won't even be in a bowl game.