Anyone looked ahead to CSU yet?

Luftgekuehlt67

Just doing some (boredom fuelled) light scouting.

They are a bit of a mystery, but ought to be an easy win. Just a question of how easy, exactly.

I think they've got a decent coach - Steve Adazio. He's not the second coming of Bear Bryant by any means, but he's got a track record of being able to consistently put respectability competitive teams together. He was coach at BC when we beat them in the bowl game a few years back. He doesn't have much of a track record at CSU, just 4 games last year.

This year, they got beat pretty handily in the opener by a very good FCS program (South Dakota St), lost a squeaker to a lousy SEC team (Vanderbilt), and then got a win last week against what's likely to be a middle of the pack MAC team (Toledo). Nothing that would make me lose sleep, seems like the kind of resume we should be able handle by a couple TD margin.

Line looks like -22 about now. Given Iowa's style of play, I wouldn't touch that with a 10 ft pole, personally.

Their 42-23 loss against South Dakota St looks like a bit of a boat race, with CSU having scored 13 of their 23 in the 4Q (game was even more one sided than it looks, in other words). CSU was -2 in TOs that game (1 int, 1 lost fumble), but managed to let an FCS team (albeit a good one) rack up 242 rushing yards against them.

They lost 23-21 at home to Vandy. Looks to have been a close game and could have gone the other way if not for penalties. CSU was flagged 11 times to the tune of 115 yards in that game. Other than that, it looks as though CSU outplayed Vandy by a solid margin.

Finally, they got a road win @ Toledo this last week, 22-6. CSU racked up over 200 yards on the ground while holding Toledo to only 21. CSUs QB (Centeio) put up big/good numbers in the first couple weeks, but seemed to barely bother with the passing game in the Toledo game. That could be a matchup-specific thing though.

Hopefully we can put a beating on them and get some more reps under our belt, especially offensively.

They suck, failing to score 50 would concern me. Far and away the easiest game this year.

Don't hold your breath on that 50 point target. This offense isn't capable of that...yet. It would require at least 3 defensive or special teams TDs.

I’m not betting on this game but -22 seems like a safe one. Iowa covered 23 against Kent State and I highly doubt Colorado State is any better,

Just doing some (boredom fuelled) light scouting.

They are a bit of a mystery, but ought to be an easy win. Just a question of how easy, exactly.

I think they've got a decent coach - Steve Adazio. He's not the second coming of Bear Bryant by any means, but he's got a track record of being able to consistently put respectability competitive teams together. He was coach at BC when we beat them in the bowl game a few years back. He doesn't have much of a track record at CSU, just 4 games last year.

This year, they got beat pretty handily in the opener by a very good FCS program (South Dakota St), lost a squeaker to a lousy SEC team (Vanderbilt), and then got a win last week against what's likely to be a middle of the pack MAC team (Toledo). Nothing that would make me lose sleep, seems like the kind of resume we should be able handle by a couple TD margin.

Line looks like -22 about now. Given Iowa's style of play, I wouldn't touch that with a 10 ft pole, personally.

Their 42-23 loss against South Dakota St looks like a bit of a boat race, with CSU having scored 13 of their 23 in the 4Q (game was even more one sided than it looks, in other words). CSU was -2 in TOs that game (1 int, 1 lost fumble), but managed to let an FCS team (albeit a good one) rack up 242 rushing yards against them.

They lost 23-21 at home to Vandy. Looks to have been a close game and could have gone the other way if not for penalties. CSU was flagged 11 times to the tune of 115 yards in that game. Other than that, it looks as though CSU outplayed Vandy by a solid margin.

Finally, they got a road win @ Toledo this last week, 22-6. CSU racked up over 200 yards on the ground while holding Toledo to only 21. CSUs QB (Centeio) put up big/good numbers in the first couple weeks, but seemed to barely bother with the passing game in the Toledo game. That could be a matchup-specific thing though.

Hopefully we can put a beating on them and get some more reps under our belt, especially offensively.

You're saying the coach has only been there since last year. (4 games last year) If that is the case they are probably still transitioning to a new system.

You're saying the coach has only been there since last year. (4 games last year) If that is the case they are probably still transitioning to a new system.
They hate their coach, according to reddit posters. They mentioned beating Toledo as "allowing Adazio to survive."

Since they lost their program's Hayden (Sonny Lubick) in 2007, no coach has lasted more than three years at the helm. You might remember adazio from the Ice Bowl, when he was the coach of B.C. when Iowa faced them.

They are UNLV levels of bad. 1 - 3 last year, 4 - 8 the year before that. They finished just above New Mexico. They were 14.5 point underdogs to Toledo (they ended up winning). Their only touchdown in that game came on a punt return with 5 broken tackles. That returner previously muffed a punt out of bounds.

Their best player is a wide receiver, who's now out with a knee injury.

Their defensive line is supposed to be pretty good; their D overall seems pretty decent. They held Vandy to 24 points, but they lost the South Dakota State to start the season, 42 - 23.

Iowa should have no trouble. I expect plenty of points.

Last edited:
They suck, failing to score 50 would concern me. Far and away the easiest game this year.
It's funny, because I feel like Iowa was good for 50+ point game against a hapless mid major pretty much every year early in the KF era, but it seems to not happen anymore.

My memory might be playing tricks on me though

It's funny, because I feel like Iowa was good for 50+ point game against a hapless mid major pretty much every year early in the KF era, but it seems to not happen anymore.

My memory might be playing tricks on me though

Back in the day where you saw way more run first, 4-3 teams that was true. I pity teams that play like Iowa trying to win at Iowa.