Amarion Nimmers class of 22 guard commits

Casey388

Just saw on Facebook that a class of 22 guard from Rock Island committed to the Hawkeyes today. Amarion Nimmers. Will be looking for some highlights.

Just saw some highlights and man Iowa is getting a steal. This kid is confident, exciting, and is always attacking. This future guard court is gonna be sick with talent. Dix is a high flyer, Nimmers will be a fan fave in no time, and hopefully Bowen locks down the PG spot. Iowa will be able to push pace and press with these guys. If Fran can get a defensive rim protector he will really have something.

As PWOs go, I think this young man can have a Nicholas Baer type of impact and will most likely end up being a scholarship player. The kid can flat out play and can really score in a variety of ways.

I'm wondering if his scholarship is pending Theo's decision. If Theo chooses IA, he waits a year before going on scholarship. If he doesn't, he goes on scholarship in the fall.

It looks like he was a late bloomer, but still, those stat lines are legit and he plays good competition in high school. I think if kids don't blow up on the AAU circuit, they just get overlooked. This is a Nothing But Upside deal for Iowa. Fran and staff might of pulled a heist here.....
Kinda feels that way. The dude looks big time athletic with scoring ability. Being a late bloomer is tough for those guys because if you haven't made a name for yourself by the end of your Soph yr then you're almost not looked at I suppose. A whole lotta recruiting is done between a kids Freshman and before a kids JR yr. The guys that develop/grow between Jr and Sr yrs have a tougher time. The kids that haven't done much till their senior yrs but then come on without playing much of the AAU circuit definitely have the toughest of times.

He'll be a welcomed addition and I suspect he'll be on scholly sooner than later.

Last edited:
It looks like he was a late bloomer, but still, those stat lines are legit and he plays good competition in high school. I think if kids don't blow up on the AAU circuit, they just get overlooked. This is a Nothing But Upside deal for Iowa. Fran and staff might of pulled a heist here.....
Yea, definitely worth a flyer on him. He's got good size and basketball body and a nice scoring average against pretty good competition. Not sure why, but I just have a good feeling about this guy. Plus, he's got a pretty cool name!

Latest posts