Am I wrong to think....

Doliehawk

that JW should have his mind made up if he's coming back or not? There's some new decent looking centers in the portal that would fill his scholly nicely right now. Not saying we'd get them at all but you can't try if nothing is open. Don't think Fran should have used the one we did have for a player that was looking to leave anyway.

The draft was moved to the end of July this year, later than normal. The deadline to withdraw and return to college is July 7. I wouldn't expect a decision until Joe goes through the draft combine (June 21-27), if he's invited. I haven't heard of him working out for individual teams yet, and he surely will have some of those.

Also, Iowa has two open schollies with JBo being a Super Senior and not counting against the limit.

Iowa has plenty of room if needed and Fran's never shied away from paying for his kids to go to school as an option. I think honestly, Fran feels he is pretty set with it either way Joe goes. I actually do trust Fran in regards to putting together a roster. He's only finished under .500 in the B1G 3 times in 11 seasons and 2 of those were his first and I don't really put that on him but he still gets to wear it.

My expectations for this team are high if JW come back. Even if the win total isn't better than this year, the ceiling for his young guys is so much higher. Athletes and shooters.

I thought JW was gone for sure, but now I am starting to waffle a little bit. Obviously, Fran is holding a scholarship open if JW wants to return. I think he really wants to make the leap... it is all based on feedback at this point. Enough positive feedback and he is gone...overwhelming negative feedback I think he comes back.

Latest posts