All time B1G leaders in 3 pointers

Zstatman

The tv announcers have mentioned this a few times so I looked it up. Here is the list of career B1G leaders in 3 pointers made:

1 374 Jon Diebler Ohio St
2 339 Louis Bullock Michigan
3 336 Shep Garner Penn St
4 332 Peter Lisicky Penn St
5 331 Shawn Respert Michigan St
6 327 Cory Bradford Illinois
7 320 Craig Moore NW
8 317 Talor Battle Penn St
9 308 JoE Crispin Penn St
10 307 JBo

Not sure he’ll get there with this shortened season and the fact he got off to a cold start, but hey, he could come back next year ;)

Wow, lots of Nittany representation on there.

Would love have seen Steve Alford or Scott Skiles with a three point line.

What could Rick Mount have done in three years with the line?

It seems likely, IMO, JBo should get to #2 but that last stretch will be tough. He'd have to play lights out the rest of the way, which would, of course, be a good thing for this time.

OK, I remember the Crispin brothers, and vaguely recognize some of the other names on the list. But these guys are not household words/names other than among their team's fan base. Just goes to show you that raining in 3s in the Big Ten is no guarantee of future fame and fortune. Jbo will rise up the list, how far no one knows, but I wish him well. He was on fire in the NW game, and he'll get into that zone again and again.

Wow, lots of Nittany representation on there.

Would love have seen Steve Alford or Scott Skiles with a three point line.

What could Rick Mount have done in three years with the line?

Might have gone head to head with Downtown Freddy Brown

We have our own Freddy now

He did put up 61 against the Hawkeyes in Layfette

However, they lost the game

If he plays 5 post season games, he needs to average just over 3 per game. If we make the championship game in both tournaments, he needs just over 2.5.

That's an i
OK, I remember the Crispin brothers, and vaguely recognize some of the other names on the list. But these guys are not household words/names other than among their team's fan base. Just goes to show you that raining in 3s in the Big Ten is no guarantee of future fame and fortune. Jbo will rise up the list, how far no one knows, but I wish him well. He was on fire in the NW game, and he'll get into that zone again and again.
Thats an interesting observation, and a correct one.

Of all the players on that list the best all around player may have been Shawn Respert.

I was at the Drake game where Chris Kingsbury made 9 threes

My friend, Tom, had company seats in the third-row center

He was president of the company, and

His dad was a Drake Grad

Chris was nailing them from just inside the half-court line

He would release the ball

And immediately raise his hand and point at the basket

Turn around and head back on D

We left before the game was over, Garbage time

Went to the Westend Lounge and continued drinking

And then, we have Justin Johnson who nailed 8 threes

That explosion by Justin Johnson was a thing of beauty! Re. JBo, on Hawk Central there is a quote from his big bro Zach, saying this was Jordan's best game of his entire career, especially defense. Nice compliment! Also very true........

The tv announcers have mentioned this a few times so I looked it up. Here is the list of career B1G leaders in 3 pointers made:

1 374 Jon Diebler Ohio St
2 339 Louis Bullock Michigan
3 336 Shep Garner Penn St
4 332 Peter Lisicky Penn St
5 331 Shawn Respert Michigan St
6 327 Cory Bradford Illinois
7 320 Craig Moore NW
8 317 Talor Battle Penn St
9 308 JoE Crispin Penn St
10 307 JBo
Hmm so he'll most likely get to number 2 this yr. He just has to avg 2 made 3s a game to do that. Not counting the tournament games. I would doubt he'd come back for another year. I have no clue what his major is or any of that but that's just a whole lot of college. To expect someone to do that is crazy but maybe he'd want to who the heck knows.

Next yr will be a bit of a rebuild with Garza and maybe JW leaving too... So I couldn't see JBo coming back without them honestly,,,

Hmm so he'll most likely get to number 2 this yr. He just has to avg 2 made 3s a game to do that. Not counting the tournament games. I would doubt he'd come back for another year. I have no clue what his major is or any of that but that's just a whole lot of college. To expect someone to do that is crazy but maybe he'd want to who the heck knows.

Next yr will be a bit of a rebuild with Garza and maybe JW leaving too... So I couldn't see JBo coming back without them honestly,,,
I don’t expect him back, just mentioned that technically he could.

Might have gone head to head with Downtown Freddy Brown

We have our own Freddy now

He did put up 61 against the Hawkeyes in Layfette

However, they lost the game

No one, except UCLA, was knocking off the 1970 Hawks once they got rolling.

But then Pembroke Burrows III came along...

I've talked about how well this current team passes. That 1970 Iowa team may have been the best passing team in B1G history. They were before my time, but people have told me the ball would never hit the ground when that bunch whipped it up the floor. It was like watching the three man weave during an actual game.

I was at the Drake game where Chris Kingsbury made 9 threes

My friend, Tom, had company seats in the third-row center

He was president of the company, and

His dad was a Drake Grad

Chris was nailing them from just inside the half-court line

He would release the ball

And immediately raise his hand and point at the basket

Turn around and head back on D

We left before the game was over, Garbage time

Went to the Westend Lounge and continued drinking

And then, we have Justin Johnson who nailed 8 threes

I like this one better :)

No one, except UCLA, was knocking off the 1970 Hawks once they got rolling.

But then Pembroke Burrows III came along...

I've talked about how well this current team passes. That 1970 Iowa team may have been the best passing team in B1G history. They were before my time, but people have told me the ball would never hit the ground when that bunch whipped it up the floor. It was like watching the three man weave during an actual game.
Northside, you are absolutely right about the 70 team’s passing. If Ralph would have had his way, the old 6 girl rule that only allowed 2 dribbles would have been implemented. In those days, I would on occasion drop by the old north gym and watch practice. Yes. Really. Nobody seemed to care. I could not believe the speed of the passing game. I think they caught the ball out of self defense.

Ha, glad I am not the only one!

The greatest 3 pt shooter in Big Ten history is...[squints]...Jon Diebler?!? Who is Jon Diebler?

I can't remember if it was Lisicky or the younger Crispin bros. but one of those guys hit a last second shot that beat Iowa in the NIT. I remember it because it was the quarterfinals and Iowa had a legit chance to win the whole thing.

I'm was the same way when I put together the list, the only two names I recognized were Respert and Crispin and I've watched just about every single Hawkeye MBB game since, I don't know, time eternal it seems.

Made me wonder the importance of the list? Just another stat list I guess but now that JBo is on it, it will be fun to watch him climb the list.

Latest posts