Akrum Wadley

Gibsonian

Mr Wadley was most impressive to watch today. He demonstrated a skillset with no flaws that I could see on this day. Vision, acceleration, cut ability, top end, and power were all seen today in a performance that blew me away. Other than fumbling, he looked good last year - but he has developed since then most impressively. I know it is only one game but I have not seen any running back with a skillset that got me that kind of excited since...... Tavian Banks. Some of those cuts left me with a few wow's!

Kudos to the line play on this day, was excellent, but Wadley's use of the openings that were presented to him was amazing to watch. Am very glad that Canzeri's injury is only a sprained ankle, but am looking forward to seeing more Wadley (and Canzeri back). Talk about taking it to the house ability! Mitchell looked great too, was nice to see them yesterday.

His talent was never in question. The dude just could not stop fumbling. Today was a good showing.

Last week Fitz said he was glad that he didn't have to face Jake anymore. I wonder what he thinks of Wadley. Akrum has carried the ball forty-one times for 310 yards in two games against the Pussycats.

Building depth in many areas.
Happier players now receiving playing time and kudos from coaches and fans. Nice for morale of team.
Rest, but get ready for opponents best efforts.

Really glad he got a shot again, took an injury but he has to get touches now. Kid looks like an all big ten back. Just wish Daniels would figure his issues out.

Wadley reminds me of the kid in THE PROGRAM .. same type back and he had fumble problems and made him carry the football to classes to learn to hang on

Wadley reminds me of the kid in THE PROGRAM .. same type back and he had fumble problems and made him carry the football to classes to learn to hang on

I noticed on the one shorter touchdown to the left side of the line that Akrum reached over and covered the point of the ball with his right hand when he saw traffic and I thought...I think he'll be okay now.

Iowa RB Akrum Wadley: There were other strong candidates at running back here -- such as Saquon Barkley, Ezekiel Elliott and Robert Martin -- but Wadley, basically a third-string back, led the Big Ten on Saturday in both rushing yards (204) and touchdowns (4). His four TDs actually tied a school record, which isn’t too bad for a running back who entered the game with eight carries on the season. (He saw serious time only after starter Jordan Canzeri suffered a first-quarter injury.) Wadley flashed a lot of speed against Northwestern and wreaked havoc against an above-average run defense. He accounted for 41 percent of the Hawkeyes’ offense and averaged 7.8 yards a carry.

http://www.insidenu.com/2015/10/17/9561145/northwestern-iowa-press-conference-notes-pat-fitzgerald

And of course butt-hurt Fitzy couldn't give Iowa any proper cred......witness....

"After starting running back Jordan Canzeri left the game with an injury, Iowa's Akrum Wadley ran for 204 yards and four touchdowns. "I've been playing Iowa for a long time and it just seems like they roll running back after running back after running back," Fitzgerald said. "I don't want to diminish his game, but we helped him."

Screw you Fitzy. You got beat. You got beat up. Acknowledge it.

http://www.insidenu.com/2015/10/17/9561145/northwestern-iowa-press-conference-notes-pat-fitzgerald

And of course butt-hurt Fitzy couldn't give Iowa any proper cred......witness....

"After starting running back Jordan Canzeri left the game with an injury, Iowa's Akrum Wadley ran for 204 yards and four touchdowns. "I've been playing Iowa for a long time and it just seems like they roll running back after running back after running back," Fitzgerald said. "I don't want to diminish his game, but we helped him."

Screw you Fitzy. You got beat. You got beat up. Acknowledge it.

That made my blood boil, I didn't see any missed tackles but saw plenty of weak arm tackles as he blew past defenders. A hand on his hip isn't a missed tackle.

Latest posts