Ahhhh it’s finally here.

Well I read a national article yesterday about how bad the Bball season is set up to have problems due to covid. A number of high profile coaches are or have been sick and how will the teams handle just one or two out of their top 7 players being sick.

News yesterday of a first NFL player shutting down his season due to being hit with myocarditis of the heart muscle which is the main issue the Big Ten had reservations about playing football.

I sure hope at least the whole Big 10 basketball season can be played without much illness as the hawk players, especially the seniors, deserve a chance to play their last season.

“When you talk about programs improving, a lot of times coaches like to take all the credit for it,” McCaffery said. “But the reality is the players are the ones that turn programs around. We did that with character guys who are really talented, committed to one another and committed to getting better.”

Sounds quite a bit different than a guy with the initials SA

“When you talk about programs improving, a lot of times coaches like to take all the credit for it,” McCaffery said. “But the reality is the players are the ones that turn programs around. We did that with character guys who are really talented, committed to one another and committed to getting better.”

Sounds quite a bit different than a guy with the initials SA

A good coach, gives credit to the players when things are going well and takes the blunt of it when the team struggles. Staying in the shadows and allowing the players the spotlight they deserve when their taking care of business, and being a shield for those same players to the media, when they're struggling. It's what good coaches do. If only a certain football coach with a delusional fanbase, to the west could realize that... on second thought I said good coach so that wouldn't apply.

@Fryowa Can we get this moved to the Basketball forum? :)
C
@Fryowa Can we get this moved to the Basketball forum? :)
Couldn’t agree more as I meant to put it over there. I am pretty sure that I had tapped on the basketball forum. Sometimes dealing with these smart phones can cause issues because your talking about small surface space.

So if your reading this Fry and you can move it over there be my guest as that is what I meant to do in the first place.

A good coach, gives credit to the players when things are going well and takes the blunt of it when the team struggles. Staying in the shadows and allowing the players the spotlight they deserve when their taking care of business, and being a shield for those same players to the media, when they're struggling. It's what good coaches do. If only a certain football coach with a delusional fanbase, to the west could realize that... on second thought I said good coach so that wouldn't apply.

Yep.

It's closely related to the management and leadership principle "Praise in public, criticize in private".

C

Couldn’t agree more as I meant to put it over there. I am pretty sure that I had tapped on the basketball forum. Sometimes dealing with these smart phones can cause issues because your talking about small surface space.

So if your reading this Fry and you can move it over there be my guest as that is what I meant to do in the first place.
I've had my share of fat-finger events. :)

I've had my share of fat-finger events. :)

Same with me. Worst one was at the U Iowa hospital in '03. I blew a 'roid and the sumnabitch was leaking blood for days. Called the nurse line and they suggested going to the ER. That doctor's fingers were the size of bratwursts. He got up in there in front of a group of 8 or 9 residents watching and then was going to have EACH ONE OF THEM feel the 'roid for teaching purposes before I noped the hell out. My wife said it was funnier than anything she had ever seen on a sitcom or in a movie. I, however, did not find it humorous.

Same with me. Worst one was at the U Iowa hospital in '03. I blew a 'roid and the sumnabitch was leaking blood for days. Called the nurse line and they suggested going to the ER. That doctor's fingers were the size of bratwursts. He got up in there in front of a group of 8 or 9 residents watching and then was going to have EACH ONE OF THEM feel the 'roid for teaching purposes before I noped the hell out. My wife said it was funnier than anything she had ever seen on a sitcom or in a movie. I, however, did not find it humorous.
You're not talking about a steroid, are you?

Party pooper!!! Damn, those kids could have learned some valuable lessons feeling that thing. Think about the future doctors and their patients!

Well, no more Fareway brats for me......F, I won't even be able to look at another meat counter again. OK4P and his roids, damn you

Are they skinless? And do they ever match HyVee’s 10/$10?

Sorry for the questions, you can tell me to eff off and do my own research if you want.
Fry, I have done the 10/$10 at Hy-Vee. Great choices to choose from. I would never tell you to F off. That's definitely not my style

Latest posts