3rd and 7 on our own 39 yard line

hawkeye12345

It's still the 1st half and the game is close, call it 10-7 Iowa.

1. What does KF and staff call?

2. What would you call?

1. timeout

2. QB rollout; twin TE left; one comes in motion to block; WR 20yd cross; TE 12yd cross; RB waggle; WR deep

It's very clear. In this example you punt on 3rd down (in case of a muff you have 4th down to recover) and pin your opponent inside the 10 yard line.

Then you tell your defense to go out and score a touchdown. And if your offense says, "What about us?!" You reply, "Your job is to help the defense get on the field so they can cause a turnover and score points on a fumble return or pick 6."

strong side to wide part of field. TE runs a post. WR deep. rb out of backfield on same side of field. If the strong side linebacker blitzes, easy lob to TE. If safety cheats to the TE, attempt the long ball. If linebacker doesn't blitz and covers TE and corner and safety helps with WR, dump to open running back.

If they stay in a base zone, get it to TE over the top.

Take a safety...that way you are up by 1 which means the other team still needs to score twice.

This might work. But first you need to call 3 consecutive timeouts so your opponent cannot "borrow" your unused timeouts in the second half.

1. Call a play, it doesn't matter what, and gain at most 6 yards. Then proceed to punt because they are morons.

2. I would line up in a 4 WR set with the 2 inside receivers running quick slant routes to the inside, and the 2 outside receivers heading to the endzone on deep slant routes.

That's easy. Hawks call a bubble screen on the short side of the field so we have no room to run. The defense just missing swatting the ball out of the air. we gain two yards.

I would call something with motion and a 2 stand up TE set.

strong side to wide part of field. TE runs a post. WR deep. rb out of backfield on same side of field. If the strong side linebacker blitzes, easy lob to TE. If safety cheats to the TE, attempt the long ball. If linebacker doesn't blitz and covers TE and corner and safety helps with WR, dump to open running back.

If they stay in a base zone, get it to TE over the top.

Hold on ... you didn't say what derKirkFer would do, only what u would do. I know because the next time the Iowa offense uses the wide side of the field will be the first.

It just wouldn't be Ferentzball without adding the sideline as the 12th defender to cram up the play.:rolleyes::mad:

Trips short side of field split backs with Wadley and D Mitchell in backfield play action screen to running back on wide side D Mitchell. I would then follow it up the rest of the game with no huddle

It's very clear. In this example you punt on 3rd down (in case of a muff you have 4th down to recover) and pin your opponent inside the 10 yard line.

Then you tell your defense to go out and score a touchdown. And if your offense says, "What about us?!" You reply, "Your job is to help the defense get on the field so they can cause a turnover and score points on a fumble return or pick 6."
Really, this is not hyperbole.

Need to know what yard line we are on. That is a huge factor in play calling.

Take another look at the thread title.

What we do need to know is who we're playing and what has / hasn't worked in this game.

I assume those omissions are intentional, forcing us to call a play like the Iowa coaches do. Ignore matchups / mismatches, tendencies, etc- none of that matters.

Take another look at the thread title.

What we do need to know is who we're playing and what has / hasn't worked in this game.

I assume those omissions are intentional, forcing us to call a play like the Iowa coaches do. Ignore matchups / mismatches, tendencies, etc- none of that matters.
My bad. Would also need to know what point in the game. I personally would call a bootleg or rollout with TE drag across the formation.

Iowa runs this:

Greg-Davis-3rd-and-5.jpg

I run a pass pattern that certain extends beyond the chains. How about a pass or a slant to the middle of the field for a change?

Latest posts