3 more wins?

I think winning the next two would give them a good chance...depending on whoever else plays themselves out of it...

Beating Indiana-Maryland-Wisconsin in a row is big...the last two on the road...committee does focus on what you have done recently...

At least in the discussion...

You always hear about the enormous amounts of nuances the Committee takes into consideration
-- so & so was out that game;
-- so & so fouled out under 5 minutes;
-- team x led whole game, lost player x under 5 minutes, went to ot, on the road & lost last second, 3/4 court shot.
o_Oo_Oo_O

Do you think they would take into consideration obvious referee influence - i.e. - Minnesota game?

I think it does, I just posted this in another thread and it's worth mentioning here that if Iowa beats Illinois and Purdue in the BTT it would put Iowa's RPI at about 59 (with a loss to either Wisconsin or Maryland). A 10-8 conference record, 20-14 overall, with a 6 game winning streak at the end would look good to the committee.

I want Iowa to get into the tournament with the lowest possible RPI...last one in...so Iowa can set the record for "worst" team to win an NCAA title.

Yes, our RPI is already up to 71 now and Syracuse got in last year with an RPI of 72 - and the bubble is weak this year.
What a win last night! Fun seeing us begin to close games.

No idea. Just so many variables. Must win on Sunday and win the first played game in the B1G....from there....I think we need 1 more.

I have to believe 19 wins, winning record in B1G, winning 6 of last 7, and wins over 3or4 tourney teams(2 top 25) in that stretch has to put them at the very least in serious consideration.

That f'n UNO and Minny game....grrrrr.

I would guess Iowa must beat PSU and get to the championship game of the B1G tourney. Anything short of that and I don't think they make it.

Like anything else, these mid major favorites have to win their tournaments. I honestly don't see the BIG10 getting 8 teams in the tournament, so who would Iowa potentially knock out? Illinois looks like they may challenge for a spot so if we play Illinois in the first round of BTT, winner has a shot, loser is NIT bound. So then let's look at Michigan....not a great record, we beat them, so we should be rooting for them to lose at Nebby. Then there's good ole Michigan State... their record is deceiving, but they have losses to Kentucky, Duke, Arizona and Baylor. We lost to Omaha.

I want to believe in my heart these guys will make a run at the NCAA, but I believe we would have to beat PSU this weekend, win 3 in the BTT to bring our record to 21-14 with a record of 7-3 in our last 10. Not bad. Michigan and Illinois are our enemies right now. Beat PSU and then let's see what happens next. Either way, I love how our kids are battling and not laying down like they did at NW!

Like anything else, these mid major favorites have to win their tournaments. I honestly don't see the BIG10 getting 8 teams in the tournament, so who would Iowa potentially knock out? Illinois looks like they may challenge for a spot so if we play Illinois in the first round of BTT, winner has a shot, loser is NIT bound. So then let's look at Michigan....not a great record, we beat them, so we should be rooting for them to lose at Nebby. Then there's good ole Michigan State... their record is deceiving, but they have losses to Kentucky, Duke, Arizona and Baylor. We lost to Omaha.

I want to believe in my heart these guys will make a run at the NCAA, but I believe we would have to beat PSU this weekend, win 3 in the BTT to bring our record to 21-14 with a record of 7-3 in our last 10. Not bad. Michigan and Illinois are our enemies right now. Beat PSU and then let's see what happens next. Either way, I love how our kids are battling and not laying down like they did at NW!

Michigan would be squarely back on the bubble if they lose to Nebraska, it's senior night for Nebby so it could happen. But either way they are probably going to face Illinois in the 8/9 game of the BTT, that very well could be an elimination game for either team.

I think MSU is in unless they get upset in the second round of the BTT (most likely against PSU or Nebby).

I like Iowa's chances if they win 2 in the BTT but I do agree we wouldn't be a lock.

The Committee consistently says they don't look at how many teams are in from a given conference. If 9 of our teams look better than the rest of the bubble then 9 are supposed to make it.

I think 20 is the magic number. Get to 20 and I believe they have a damn good shot. Anything less than that and they are probably out.

-Beat PSU, One BTT Win

We'd have a shot at the tournament, likely the first four if we make it. Say 25% chance.

Beat PSU, 2 or more BTT wins

Likely in. Say 80%.

The strength of our resume' comes from:

1. Quality Wins - ISU, Mich, Pur, @Mary, @UW
2. B1G Record - 10-8 (with PSU win)
3. Strong finish

I would like to go on record and say that no matter what happens I hope Hawkeye Nation remains proud of this team. They have battled through adversity and put themselves in a position to make a run. If they don't get in I'm sure there will be a little bit of a meltdown. Especially if they lose to Penn State. However, we have to keep things in perspective. This is a young team with a bright future and it's awesome to see them put themselves in this position in the first place. Lots of fight in these youngsters.

I thought it would take 3 wins in the tournament, but 2 might be enough. 3 wins in the BTT (assuming a win over PSU) is a lock, I believe. 2 wins will be a nail biter, and depends on whether they value the wins over the top 3 (should be over the top 4, sorry can't let go of the refs screwing Iowa in the Minny game) teams in the BT, or look at the ugly losses early in the year.

I thought it would take 3 wins in the tournament, but 2 might be enough. 3 wins in the BTT (assuming a win over PSU) is a lock, I believe. 2 wins will be a nail biter, and depends on whether they value the wins over the top 3 (should be over the top 4, sorry can't let go of the refs screwing Iowa in the Minny game) teams in the BT, or look at the ugly losses early in the year.
Forget everything else. At 10-8 (assuming a win on Sunday) in the B1G, 1 win should get them into the dance. Supposedly, one of the criteria is "what have you done for me lately?" Well, 7-3 with wins AT Wisconsin and AT Maryland (both ranked at the time) is pretty impressive. Two wins in the BTT would, IMHO, solidify the resume for the dance.

Just my $.02 .. .. GO HAWKS!!!

Need maybe 2 wins to ensure NIT home game (seed 1-4), 3 wins gets us in tourney I think. However, I almost think the NIT would be better for the team (long-term). A chance to possibly play 3-4 extra games.

Latest posts