2019 NCAA Iowa at Cincinatti in Columbus, Ohio, only 106 miles from Cincinatti prediction thread

Who wins, by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cincy 3.5pt favorite, but this game is being given the best chance of an upset by many prediction websites.

Just reading through a few Cincy forums, their fanbase is VERY confident. Just the opposite of Iowa's. But imo, they have every right to be confident. Iowa has not been a great road team this season.

Wonder how Tennessee feels, knowing they're a #2 and will have to play a road game vs. a #7, should form hold?

Kind of how Lute felt I guess when Iowa had to play Wichita State in Wichita when we were seeded way better than them.

Either the committee doesn't know what they're doing, is corrupt or just doesn't give a blank.

Wonder how Tennessee feels, knowing they're a #2 and will have to play a road game vs. a #7, should form hold?

They will be pulling for Iowa but overall Tennessee fans can't be too disappointed as they should be well represented since Columbus OH is only about a 5 hour drive for them.

I don't like how we play against teams that play the foul on every possession way. We lose confidence to easily when the ball is being slapped on every drive and layup attempt. I don't like this matchup and I don't like our odds.

Kind of how Lute felt I guess when Iowa had to play Wichita State in Wichita when we were seeded way better than them.

Either the committee doesn't know what they're doing, is corrupt or just doesn't give a blank.

If our situation was reversed with Iowa being the #2 seed and legit Final 4 contender I'd be pissed with the prospect of them having to play a second round road game.

But the committee does dumb shit like this from time to time.

I remember back in the 1990s when Duke was a #2 seed and had to play #7 Iowa in a second round game in Minneapolis.

#2 Michigan St might have to play #10 Minnesota in Des Moines. About 4 hours from their campus.

Not sure how much tougher of a draw we coulda got.... Yikes. Cinci is for real most likely should have been a 4 or 5 seed. They drew the lucky straw of staying in OH. TN is sitting there thinking they coulda been a 1 seed. And we are sitting there having lost 5 of our last 6 games. We've played one good game in the last month against a bad Illinois team on a neutral court (in Illinois but their just that bad). So if anyone is betting on us to get to the sweet 16 I'd like to know what their smoking and pass it around.

I am not going to complain about the location. Beat Rutgers and Nebraska like they are supposed to and they are not in this situation.

Reactions: DJL
Good team, bad venue for us, and I have zero confidence in this team right now. Hope I'm proven wrong, but I think this gets ugly for Iowa.

Our three point shooting was horrendous for the majority of conference play. We should know early on whether or not we'll be in the game. If we can hit several three's early I like our chances.

Defending Cumberland will be key. Best player in the AAC. He went 1-7 from the beyond the arc, but still scored 33 of the Bearcats' 69 points in the League championship game against Houston. Under no condition should we play help defense on a driving player and let them pass it to an open Jarron. This is game we can win if the coaches can change our tendency of needless help defense and forcing someone other than Cumberland to beat us.

Our three point shooting was horrendous for the majority of conference play. We should know early on whether or not we'll be in the game. If we can hit several three's early I like our chances.
Really the only thing that gives me hope. Seems like we've been ice cold from 3 lately. I counted 5 or 6 good looks against Michigan that just didn't go down.

Cincy is also pretty bad against the 3, but we all know no Iowa opponents play to their usual level.

Latest posts