2017 Record

7-5. Lose one we shouldn't and win one we shouldn't. Lose. A couple close ones in the west.

This feels a lot like 2013 to me. New QB with no game time experience. Good defense with 3 veteran LB, but new DB. Of course Wadley and Butler are better than Wiesman, which could make a diffrrence.

2013 finished 8-5 after a slow start and and opening home loss to NIU. I expect 2017 to start out the same.

Wyoming -Loss 0-1
@ISU -Win 1-1
North Tex -Win 2-1
PSU - Loss 2-2
@MSU - Win 3-2
ILL - Win 4-2
@NW Loss 4-3
Minn Win 5-3
OSU loss 5-4
@Wisc loss 5-5
Pur win 6-5
@Neb win 7-5

So 7-5 is the answer.
Which is actually more optimistic than I was back in April, when I predicted 5-7, or last June, when I predicted 6-6.

9-3 w a definte loss to OSU and 2 losses to some combo of MSU, PSU, NW and WI. If I'm pinned down to pick he other 2 losses, I'd say NW and PSU.

This feels a lot like 2013 to me. New QB with no game time experience. Good defense with 3 veteran LB, but new DB. Of course Wadley and Butler are better than Wiesman, which could make a diffrrence.

2013 finished 8-5 after a slow start and and opening home loss to NIU. I expect 2017 to start out the same.

Wyoming -Loss 0-1
@ISU -Win 1-1
North Tex -Win 2-1
PSU - Loss 2-2
@MSU - Win 3-2
ILL - Win 4-2
@NW Loss 4-3
Minn Win 5-3
OSU loss 5-4
@Wisc loss 5-5
Pur win 6-5
@Neb win 7-5

So 7-5 is the answer.
Which is actually more optimistic than I was back in April, when I predicted 5-7, or last June, when I predicted 6-6.

I could agree, but I think @MSU and MN could turn out differently. I don't think anyone can predict that we'll have an offense that scores many points, at this time. We all know, however, kirk is happy to play with 15 pnts a game. That isn't going to win a whole lotta games. I think MN will be out to score a boatload of points. MSU is a roadie.

Wyoming -Win 1-0
@ISU -Win 2-0
North Tex -Win 3-0
PSU - Loss 3-1
@MSU - Win 4-1
ILL - Win 5-1
@NW Loss 5-2
Minn Win 6-2
OSU Win 7-2
@Wisc loss 7-3
Pur win 8-3
@Neb loss 8-4

11-1 then lose to Ohio State in the B1G championship game. Then win Rose Bowl for a final record of 12-2.

I agree with this, except that the Rose Bowl is a playoff game this year and I'm not sure the OSU and North Texas losses will be good enough to get in, so I was thinking the Orange Bowl instead.

8 - 4. And will be left on the fence as to whether it was successful season or not. Depends on who lose to and in what manner. No loss to Clones, the Boat Rowers or the Huskers and we end 8-4. Decent season. Probably ending in Holiday Bowl.

Wyoming -Win 1-0
@ISU -Win 2-0
North Tex -Win 3-0
PSU - Loss 3-1
@MSU - Win 4-1
ILL - Win 5-1
@NW Loss 5-2
Minn Win 6-2
OSU Win 7-2
@Wisc loss 7-3
Pur win 8-3
@Neb loss 8-4
You have us beating OSU but losing to Wisky and Neb? I know those are both on the road but if Iowa can somehow beat OSU I see Iowa at least splitting those two games... Not trying to nit pick ya too much just a thought I had when reading your run down.

You have us beating OSU but losing to Wisky and Neb? I know those are both on the road but if Iowa can somehow beat OSU I see Iowa at least splitting those two games... Not trying to nit pick ya too much just a thought I had when reading your run down.

I feel like Iowa will beat either TOSU or PSU - so I just picked one. Seems like they typically slay a giant often in Kinnick - so, that's where I came up with that. I also think Iowa could lose to all their divisional rivals on the road. Honestly I think this team could be better than last year, maybe a lot better, but their record might not reflect it because the schedule is unquestionably harder. I could be convinced that Iowa will split with Wiskey and Nebby tho. Which if they do, could make this season a good one IMO

9-3

Iowa is beating NW this year. Lock that down as a W right now. Iowa will be coming off a bye week and will be getting reminded for 2 straight weeks on how they blew the NW game last year. Meanwhile NW will be playing its 4th B1G game in a row without a bye: @Wisconsin, Penn State, @Maryland, Iowa. NW is going to be banged up badly coming out of the Wiscy/PSU games.

I feel like Iowa will beat either TOSU or PSU - so I just picked one. Seems like they typically slay a giant often in Kinnick - so, that's where I came up with that. I also think Iowa could lose to all their divisional rivals on the road. Honestly I think this team could be better than last year, maybe a lot better, but their record might not reflect it because the schedule is unquestionably harder. I could be convinced that Iowa will split with Wiskey and Nebby tho. Which if they do, could make this season a good one IMO
Quite frankly nothing would surprise me too much with this group. It's just a tough team to predict anything on till we've seen them play a few games. Well let me say this I do expect a bowl game so 5 or less wins would surprise me and another undefeated run would too. Anything inbetween there probably wouldn't surprise me a ton

8-4

I think we start out 3-0 but we could lose our first 2 conference games.

There are some toss up games like @ NW and @ Nebby... I'm not sure which but I think we split them.

Other anticipated losses: Penn St, OSU and @ Wiscy

There are 4 losses but I certainly could see us winning 1 of these and losing a game like at Sparty or Minn or maybe even the opener.

Latest posts