2 things from yesterday

I’d love to hear some reactions from the recruits. I heard Xavier was in the locker room celebrating with the players. That had to be huge for them. The atmosphere in Kinnick was electric, any kid interested in playing college football should want to be part of something like that.

Overall agree. Not to be hard on him for making the pick, but on 4th down he should have just dropped it. Way better field position if he doens't catch it. But hard to be upset about an interception.

Remind you of
how about Matt Hankins. Huge tackle on 4th down followed by a huge pick. solid play and leadership

also the 70-80 recruits had to love it. Hoping to see some decisions swing our way for 22 and 23. This was a great showing by the team and fan baser

Remind you of Merton? Same state and Length. Well a Tough Hawk huh?
how about Matt Hankins. Huge tackle on 4th down followed by a huge pick. solid play and leadership

also the 70-80 recruits had to love it. Hoping to see some decisions swing our way for 22 and 23. This was a great showing by the team and fan base

Yeah, I said it in the game thread but, one thing about Ferentz era CBs: they can tackle.

CBs, as a population, aren't generally great tacklers. Ours, under KF, have been almost exclusively great tacklers.

It's a system thing for us and has paid dividends over the years.

Yeah, I said it in the game thread but, one thing about Ferentz era CBs: they can tackle.

CBs, as a population, aren't generally great tacklers. Ours, under KF, have been almost exclusively great tacklers.

It's a system thing for us and has paid dividends over the years.
Agreed. Our cb can usually hold the edge and tackle pretty well

also the 70-80 recruits had to love it. Hoping to see some decisions swing our way for 22 and 23. This was a great showing by the team and fan base
Great game for him.

Think KF got on him for showboating and costing Iowa an Unsportsman-like penalty at the end?

Overall agree. Not to be hard on him for making the pick, but on 4th down he should have just dropped it. Way better field position if he doens't catch it. But hard to be upset about an interception.
Probably hard not to take a pick but he should have dropped it for sure. Could have cost us. Saw the same thing with an OU back against I think West Virginia. ended up on their own 5 rather than the 30 and could have cost them in a close game

You get into the heat of the moment and your just thinking about having control of the ball and thus going for the interception.

I realized it the moment he caught it. Duuuuude you should have just let the ball fall to the ground. Live and learn. Hopefully the coaches pointed that out to him and the rest of the defense.

No harm, no foul. Or on the basketball courts in my neighbor …………… no blood no foul.

On another note when we scored that go ahead TD and my wife was asking why I was so exuberant with a lot of time left on the clock.

“Sweetheart with our defense this game is over!!!!!!!!”

Before that I was counting every second………… we go down, kick another field goal, stop them again, Will we have enough time to drive for a go ahead and winning field goal??? Come back from the commercial and BAMMMMM!!!! GAME HAWKEYES!!! I have replayed that play ten times…………… that announcer was genuinely happy and thrilled for the Hawkeyes! If you haven’t replayed it yet go back and just listen to his voice. Totally awesome to listen to over and over again!!!

Hankins/Hawkins as Gus Johnson called him the entire game is the GOODS

Huge tackle and interception

His attitude is outstanding

He is fearless and puts a MFer on the ground, and usually stands over him,
at attention, staring at him

The Indiana TE was running top speed and Hankins stopped him in his tracks

Dropped him to the ground, stood over him, and watched him get slowly up and stumble to the sidelines and sit down

Priceless

He was one of the players of the game along with THE FANS, Riley Moss, Jack Campbell, Charley Jones, and the entire Defense

Hankins/Hawkins as Gus Johnson called him the entire game is the GOODS

Huge tackle and interception

His attitude is outstanding

He is fearless and puts a MFer on the ground, and usually stands over him,
at attention, staring at him

The Indiana TE was running top speed and Hankins stopped him in his tracks

Dropped him to the ground, stood over him, and watched him get slowly up and stumble to the sidelines and sit down

Priceless

He was one of the players of the game along with THE FANS, Riley Moss, Jack Campbell, Charley Jones, and the entire Defense
aaaand Tory........!!!

Any word on Moss yet?

"Iowa CB Riley Moss, who injured his left knee Saturday, left the football building Tuesday with a brace and wrap over his knee but was walking without crutches. Moss, who is tied for the nation’s lead with four interceptions, was not listed on Iowa’s depth chart this week."

Doesn't sound great...we will see.

If it is a season-ending thing, it will pretty much guarantee he comes back for his 5th year next year (COVID year)...otherwise he will be Ott-ed out of an opportunity to play in the NFL. But I would much rather he come back in a few games, continue to kick ass, and then join all of the Hawkeye DB-talent already in the NFL.

One thing it was a Royal Ass Kicking

Penn State (5-1, 2-1) lost for the first time in 10 games and headed back to Happy Valley with a list of injuries that could make its path through the rest of the season difficult.

Penn State: Franklin did not disclose the nature of Clifford's injury. The Lions also lost a couple of key defensive players. P.J. Mustipher, their 326-pound run-stopper, went out less than two minutes after kickoff with a left knee injury and didn't return. Neither did safety Jonathan Sutherland, who left in the second quarter with an undisclosed injury.

Second Thing: The S Factor

Spence and Shudak were involved in all the scoring

Charley Jones and Nico Ragaini, who Know where the Pylon is
Charley was out of bounds in Space but his feet were airborne
The announcer kept saying he was out of bounds

Latest posts