2 OUTLAND TROPHY WINNERS

BILLBUCKNER

under Kirk. I have been very negative regarding KF the past couple of years,but this is an accomplishment. Has any other coach ever coached 2 Outland winners? Which begs the question. Why aren't oline recruits getting in line to come play here? which begs another question,why is it difficult to get elite rbs to come here to run behind those lines?

For oline experts,does Scherff project at being an elite LT in the NFL? Gallery struggled and was moved to guard? right?

i think he will be guard in the NFL. he is not quite quick enough to be a LT. I'm sure he will go mid to late 1st round. still not a bad outcome if you ask me. he will more than likely get drafted by a semi decent team if they draft him as a guard instead of tackle. if they draft him as a tackle he is top 10, playing for a crappy team and will be thrown out there right away.

You are right. I too am tired of being negative about Ferentz and the program. And I am one of people who want to see him gone. But that IS an accomplishment, and I have to give him his due. Congratulations Coach Ferentz!

under Kirk. I have been very negative regarding KF the past couple of years,but this is an accomplishment. Has any other coach ever coached 2 Outland winners? Which begs the question. Why aren't oline recruits getting in line to come play here? which begs another question,why is it difficult to get elite rbs to come here to run behind those lines?

For oline experts,does Scherff project at being an elite LT in the NFL? Gallery struggled and was moved to guard? right?

Yes plenty..

BYU: LaVelle Edwards
Notre Dame: Hugh Devore
Oklahoma: Charles Wilkerson
Oklahoma:Barry Switzer
Iowa: Forest Evashevski
Iowa: Kirk Ferentz
Minnesota: Murray Warmath
Texas: Darrell Royal
Alabama: Nick Saban
Wisconsin: Barry Alvarez
Nebraska: Bob Devaney
Nebraska: Tom Osbourne Coached 5
Ohio State: Woody Hayes Coached 3

Also, if you want to get technical, Reese Morgan was Iowa's OL coach during Robert Gallery's senior year (and the first couple years of Scherff's career). He also coached 1987 Outland winner Chad Hennings (Air Force) as the head coach at Benton Community high school in Van Horne, IA. Just sayin'.

Nebraska got theirs during the time they were doing a ton of Steroids- prior to testing.

Steroids are more rampant now in every college sport than ever before. Please don't tell me you believe the 30 pound weight gains from one year to the next by some players are from better diet and training programs. If so, I have a bridge to sell you.

Scherff projects as either a guard or possibly could be a rt. some think he could develop into a lt, but i think he is a rt in the end. You don't typically spend a top 10 pick on a guard and that is why I think he ends up at rt.

Scherff projects as either a guard or possibly could be a rt. some think he could develop into a lt, but i think he is a rt in the end. You don't typically spend a top 10 pick on a guard and that is why I think he ends up at rt.
I think he's much more similar to a Marshall Yanda then a Bulaga or Reiff.... He may get a crack at tackle just depending on what team he goes to. But I think guard is where he'll be the best player. I hope for his sake they don't wait as long to put him there like they did Gallery....

Latest posts