2-Deep for Nebraska, No LaPorta or Pottebaum

99topdawg

I just assumed he didn't because he only threw one pass his freshman year but maybe he did. I dunno
I think he was the holder on FG's and extra points, which is why he was the only player to play in 5 bowl games. Doubt that was enough to get him to letter, but I don't know what it took to letter.

I letter everyone every year. Since I started doing that, I've never had a parent complain about their kid not lettering. I think I'm supposed to give a crap about stuff like that but I don't.

Fryowa

Administrator
I think he was the holder on FG's and extra points, which is why he was the only player to play in 5 bowl games. Doubt that was enough to get him to letter, but I don't know what it took to letter.

I letter everyone every year. Since I started doing that, I've never had a parent complain about their kid not lettering. I think I'm supposed to give a crap about stuff like that but I don't.
I'm surprised you don't get parents complaining that everyone letters :)

NorthKCHawk

Stephens out again this week. Definitely banged up squad. Let's hope its enough to vanquish the lowly Bugeaters.

Hope everyone is back for Indy.

racerhawk

Stephens out again this week. Definitely banged up squad. Let's hope its enough to vanquish the lowly Bugeaters.

Hope everyone is back for Indy.
That's too bad. I felt the O line was starting to perform a little better with that rotation. Dang.

RobHowe

Administrator
KF said a bit ago that LaPorta and Pottebaum aren't expected to play Friday. Stephens expected back.

HawkGold

I just assumed he didn't because he only threw one pass his freshman year but maybe he did. I dunno
Long played in the Rose Bowl late and that did not count against eligibility. 1 pass and completion 14 yards and I remember thinking....he might be pretty good...based on his presence. Then again he didn't have Husky poop all over him like the other QBs.

I was kinda ticked they put him in for that series thinking they blew the redshirt but was announced later there was a rule allowing that.

guffus

This got me thinking. What percentage of plays does Iowa's offense actually use a fullback? I have seen Iowa use a lot of different sets this year.

dagdaj

This got me thinking. What percentage of plays does Iowa's offense actually use a fullback? I have seen Iowa use a lot of different sets this year.

They did try to use him in a couple early games to punch it in on the goal line or a 3rd and short.

But I've totally had the same wonder. I never hear "Pottebaum leading the way for _____" or "Pottebaum making/missing the block." Just seems like he's not in the mix. But...I don't know jack. I couldn't tell you if they "use him in a 3 wide blah blah blah". No clue on that.

guffus

They did try to use him in a couple early games to punch it in on the goal line or a 3rd and short.

But I've totally had the same wonder. I never hear "Pottebaum leading the way for _____" or "Pottebaum making/missing the block." Just seems like he's not in the mix. But...I don't know jack. I couldn't tell you if they "use him in a 3 wide blah blah blah". No clue on that.
I tried to look this up. I saw an article that before the Wisconsin game Pottebaum had played 185 snaps for Iowa. That was after 9 games. Iowa's offense I believe averages 53 snaps a game, so they would have around 477 snaps total after 9 games.

So does that mean that Pottebaum has only played on less than 40% of Iowa's offensive plays?

dagdaj

I tried to look this up. I saw an article that before the Wisconsin game Pottebaum had played 185 snaps for Iowa. That was after 9 games. Iowa's offense I believe averages 53 snaps a game, so they would have around 477 snaps total after 9 games.

So does that mean that Pottebaum has only played on less than 40% of Iowa's offensive plays?

Well. The numbers are right.
But, I have no idea if that's normal/abnormal for a fullback. Or if it is normal for an Iowa/Ferentz fullback.

I do feel like I just haven't heard his name from the announcers, other than when he's carried it a few times. He never comes up on this board, either for complaint or praise.

So, 40% of the plays...he's not doing anything terribly wrong. Or anything terribly good?

Latest posts