#15 Texas Tech Beat #4 Texas Last Night

HawkeyeFever

It was a pretty entertaining game as TT kept whittling away at a 10 point Texas halftime lead. TT Guard Kevin McCullar hit a nice (almost three point) shot near the end to give TT a two point lead and ended up being the game winner.

TT hosts #2 Baylor on Saturday. A TT win could open the door further for the Hawks to move back into the top 4 as long as they take care of Northwestern. Villanova has not played since before Christmas, so I don't know what (if anything) happens to their #3 spot. I don't see the Zags losing any time soon, and I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Michigan leap frog the Hawks in the standings.

I know rankings this time of year don't really mean much, but it sure is fun when your team is in the mix.

Last edited:
I've been hard on Shaka Smart since I joined this Forum, and with good reason, but he has a national championship contender this year.

It was a pretty entertaining game as TT kept whittling away at a 10 point Texas halftime lead. TT Guard Kevin McCullar hit a nice (almost three point) shot near the end to give TT a two point lead and ended up being the game winner.

TT hosts #2 Baylor on Saturday. A TT win could open the door further for the Hawks to move back into the top 4 as long as they take care of Northwestern. Villanova has not played since before Christmas, so I don't know what (if anything) happens to their #3 spot. I don't see the Zags losing any time soon, and I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Michigan leap frog the Hawks in the standings.

I know rankings this time of year don't really mean much, but it sure is fun when your team is in the mix.
Just keep winning baby and it will all come together!!!

Michigan better play better in the 2nd half or they will be getting passed in the polls...not leapfrogging Iowa,

Michigan better play better in the 2nd half or they will be getting passed in the polls...not leapfrogging Iowa,
Lunardi wasted no time vaulting Michigan to a #1 seed in his Bracketology report.

Not so fast my friend.

Name recognition. You can't beat it. Everyone is always so eager to anoint Michigan whether its basketball or football.

Latest posts