13-0 Iowa not in the playoffs?

M

mysteron

even if every other team had 1 loss?

Explain to me why someone would say that?

even if every other team had 1 loss?

Explain to me why someone would say that?

Who said that? If Iowa was 13-0 beating Maryland, Minny, Wisky, Nebby, and either MSU or OSU in the Championship game I think that would be good enough to get in.

They would have beaten a decent Pitt team on the road, annihilated jNW, and in this scenario let's say they played against ISU like they did against jNW and beat them by 20+

How could they not be one of the top 4?? Auburn and Alabama one of them is going two losses. etc etc

As I said in another thread, Nebraska has lost to the only ranked team it has played, is 8-1, and is ranked 13. If we were 8-0, we'd have to be at least that, because they haven't beaten anyone decent yet (Is Miami decent? Maybe.) We would close out with wins over Wisky, Nebby, and possibly MSU in a national stage. At 13-0, we'd have to be at least strongly considered.

Also, I don't think that starting in the top 25 would matter, since the rankings that matter are only in their second week. If we had been 7-0, we most certainly would have been ranked in the top 10.

If we went 13-0 and didn't make the playoff, can you imagine what HN would be like?

Rankings and Rankings are bolstered by

The eye test, SOS and Brand Power.

Eye test -if Iowa won but won ugly - that would hold supess ranking

SOS - Big Ten has perception problem, and Until ESPN loads up he top 10 with BT teams...more of the same

Brand - Name will matter IMO

Are we really going to bother with the thought that a not real, alternate universe undefeated Iowa team doesn't make the playoffs?

Yeah, I'm not sure this something to even discuss since it didn't happen. Maybe we should should be discussing bowl possibilities instead.

Nah....Iowa's lack of being an "elite" school would be enough to keep them out. Plus the fact at least 2 spots are reserved for SEC teams, it would make it very difficult for the Hawks to make it.

I thought there was a rule against starting a new thread with a blind quote whenever someone says something about Iowa Football missing out on the playoffs with a perfect record.

Nah....Iowa's lack of being an "elite" school would be enough to keep them out. Plus the fact at least 2 spots are reserved for SEC teams, it would make it very difficult for the Hawks to make it.

Ole Miss and Mississippi St are not elite, yet er'ybody had them (or still do) in the playoffs.

I thought there was a rule against starting a new thread with a blind quote whenever someone says something about Iowa Football missing out on the playoffs with a perfect record.

Don't know that rule. Too many damn rules. I wish this was Alzheimer's Club, where there's only one rule: Don't talk about Canoeing Club.

If I have next week's lottery numbers before they are drawn then I will be rich. It is fun playing in fantasy land.

Who said that? If Iowa was 13-0 beating Maryland, Minny, Wisky, Nebby, and either MSU or OSU in the Championship game I think that would be good enough to get in.

They would have beaten a decent Pitt team on the road, annihilated jNW, and in this scenario let's say they played against ISU like they did against jNW and beat them by 20+

How could they not be one of the top 4?? Auburn and Alabama one of them is going two losses. etc etc

What's with the jNW thing? I've seen that all over the place. Thanks

In the current top 25, there are 10 teams with 2 losses, with one team even having 3 losses. Iowa has 2 losses. Interesting. (No, I am not suggesting we should be there, but...)

In the current top 25, there are 10 teams with 2 losses, with one team even having 3 losses. Iowa has 2 losses. Interesting. (No, I am not suggesting we should be there, but...)

Plus Ball State is tied up with NIU right now so thats starting to look like a quality home win.

If any of those teams had ZERO quality wins and got beat by Iowa State they wouldn't be there either.

Latest posts