Brian's Quote: "If this is my last season as Iowa's OC, I'm at peace with that."

The performance by Brian in the press conference was absolutely predictable. But the apple doesn’t fall very far from the tree. He’s exactly like his dad. They both think they are Iowa football and that it would cease to exist if they weren’t around. It’s what happens when coaches have lifetime contracts with no accountability from a national level. The amount of resources at their disposal is nearly unmatched. The annual schedule is routinely soft including the conference schedule thanks to the b10 west. He’s hired countless family & has the AD asking him at every turn, how high he needs to jump. And the softest media of any b10 school by many a mile.

It’s truly beyond words how they have been able to build such a fort around them over time, but here we are. And they aren’t done. They very obviously still plan to promote the slick haired center to head coach as soon as mary says it’s time. And for those doubting the final plan? You literally haven’t been paying attention
Barta's Final Solution..........Ferentz's forever coaching Iowa.

I somewhat get it if KFer said something like this since he's had a lot of success here. But BFer hadn't had any. If I was him, I would have said something like, "we haven't met my expectations either and we're doing everything we can to get much better."
It was a lob pitch meant to be hit out of the park and he wiffed again. PA-THET-DICK!

Don't the Ferentz's owe the players and the fans something better than they have been giving them?
In Kirk's mind the fans have already gotten his best. He's got the most B1G wins of any active coach in the league. Iowa ranks well in conference with total wins, bowl wins, and players in the NFL.

Below are the average points per game for the last six season. As Howe wrote 25 points as a team is a pretty low standard, especially if you look at the schedule for 2023. There is one factor that will come into play this coming season and that is the rule changes related to no longer stopping the clock after a first down. This is going to shorten the game thereby cutting down the scoring potential.

In the last 4 years, if you eliminate 2020, only in 2021 did Iowa manage to barely exceed 25 team points per game, which I believe is the goal set for Brian to meet. I'm sure the math geniuses will figure out away to bet on the over under. Will Iowa average 25+ team points per game in the 2023/2024 season?

SeasonAverage Pts Per Game
202031.75 - COVID Only 8 Games
202217.60 - Only 14.1 were offense points

I have always believed that our offensive struggles were mostly the product of Kirk having his thumb on the offensive coordinator. I don’t know if I believe that anymore. I can’t understand why they don’t look at their best offensive season and recruit accordingly. After Brad Banks I would be trying for a dual threat quarterback. That being said I don’t disagree with Brian’s assessment that our offensive system is good enough. Admittedly I am not an offensive genius. The problem is execution. The last few years the biggest issue has been the offensive line. No offense can be successful with an offensive line performing as poorly as ours has. I’m only 170 pounds and 55 years old and I am confident I could provide more pass protection than our line often does. Kirk and Brian are supposed to be oline gurus. They should be able to fix the problem. That being said the problem has been evident for awhile. It should have been taken care of by now.

I just don't care what he has to say, or what any of you have to say about what he has to say. This is the only topic I feel that way about. This donkey has been flogged to death. He has demonstrably sucked ass the last several seasons. We all agree on that. Saying it 75 more times won't make that better or worse.

Despite what he says, changes have been made. Not to the system, but to the personnel. Does anyone really want BF to implement an offense he knows nothing about? F no. He has run his Dad's system since he was 19. That is what he knows and all he knows.

He now has a veteran and proven winner at QB, a veteran OL, an all-conference caliber type RB, 2-3 talented TEs, and a couple veteran WRs. Personnel wise, we are better across the board. Either he does something with it or he doesn't.
That's why the pressure is on. Running out of excuses for lack of production. Can't hide forever when your ranking is 131 out of 131. Total embarrassment

Don't the Ferentz's owe the players and the fans something better than they have been giving them?
They owe the fans nothing-and owe nothing more to the players than to put them in the best position to win.

Thwy know their formula will produce enough wins to pacify the boosters and the administration, and that they will hit more often than miss when it comes to finding and developing the type of players to play Kirkball, and that nothing else matters.

I have always believed that our offensive struggles were mostly the product of Kirk having his thumb on the offensive coordinator. I don’t know if I believe that anymore. I can’t understand why they don’t look at their best offensive season and recruit accordingly. After Brad Banks I would be trying for a dual threat quarterback. That being said I don’t disagree with Brian’s assessment that our offensive system is good enough. Admittedly I am not an offensive genius. The problem is execution. The last few years the biggest issue has been the offensive line. No offense can be successful with an offensive line performing as poorly as ours has. I’m only 170 pounds and 55 years old and I am confident I could provide more pass protection than our line often does. Kirk and Brian are supposed to be oline gurus. They should be able to fix the problem. That being said the problem has been evident for awhile. It should have been taken care of by now.
Brian gets zero benefit of the doubt from me. 6 yrs in. Here's the QBs he's recruited/developed. Petras Padilla Hogan, Labas and May.... I mean some guys can go 0-5 and still keep their jobs but most OCs/Qb coaches shouldn't. Hogan gets included in this because he was at Iowa multiple yrs and wasn't any better then anyone else we had who also stunk. He's hoping Cade bails his ass out this yr. We'll see..