LSU clearly better team today

longtimer

My question is why not put subs in at end? Players that work hard every day could tell their grandchildren they played in the NC Game! Both coaches should have done.

The transfer portal and the immediate eligibility to play was on display today. LSU was entirely assembled from the portal. When you have a bench full of older experienced players versus a much younger team it influenced the outcomes. Until the NCAA can figure out how to manage officiating and player eligibility you will continue to see criticism.

I'll give LSU the "luck" factor ... So typical that the other team shoots out of their asses against Iowa. Are you f-ing kidding me?! Two banked 3's on last second shots!! GTFO!
Of course, Iowa - across both sexes - simply isn't as interested in playing D as others. The boys just don't know how and the women just don't have the size (which is ALWAYS the fundamental factor in women's bball).

Nonetheless ... this was a bend-over job from start to finish. The Refs sucked in the purest sense. Yes, they went both ways during stretches but it was clearly more destructive to Iowa.

And ... yes, at the risk of banishment ... which, if it happens, BFD - doesn't change the truth and I'll deal ... Angel Reese is a classless C!!:(:mad: No less than two, blatant, deliberate taunts (the "can't see me" and "the ring") ... got every hypocritical call by the zebras (broke Czinano's chin, TWICE on 1 play) ... and Dawny-Flash shoulda been T'd up multiple times for all of her Izzo-esque antics (out of the box and on the court).

So ... F YOU, LSU! F YOU, LSU!

You want to make a point that Angel Reese is classless, and you do it by calling her the 'C' word for a woman. Wow. I hope you see the irony in that.

Also, in 5 NCAA wins, no mention of officiating. Lose a game, and the officiating was to blame. Again, Wow. Reffing cost the team 18 points.
Wow. In 5 NCAA wins, no mention of the games from Clown fans. Lose a game and they're back. Again, Wow.

I'll give LSU the "luck" factor ... So typical that the other team shoots out of their asses against Iowa. Are you f-ing kidding me?! Two banked 3's on last second shots!! GTFO!
Of course, Iowa - across both sexes - simply isn't as interested in playing D as others. The boys just don't know how and the women just don't have the size (which is ALWAYS the fundamental factor in women's bball).

Nonetheless ... this was a bend-over job from start to finish. The Refs sucked in the purest sense. Yes, they went both ways during stretches but it was clearly more destructive to Iowa.

And ... yes, at the risk of banishment ... which, if it happens, BFD - doesn't change the truth and I'll deal ... Angel Reese is a classless C!!:(:mad: No less than two, blatant, deliberate taunts (the "can't see me" and "the ring") ... got every hypocritical call by the zebras (broke Czinano's chin, TWICE on 1 play) ... and Dawny-Flash shoulda been T'd up multiple times for all of her Izzo-esque antics (out of the box and on the court).

So ... F YOU, LSU! F YOU, LSU!
Lol. It’s ok for Clark to do the John Cena thing whenever, but not LSU?

Re: this whole post, you shouldn’t drink and watch Iowa games.

The transfer portal and the immediate eligibility to play was on display today. LSU was entirely assembled from the portal. When you have a bench full of older experienced players versus a much younger team it influenced the outcomes. Until the NCAA can figure out how to manage officiating and player eligibility you will continue to see criticism.
It’s the way of sports now, same rules for everyone. Iowa needs to do the same thing instead of being mad about it.

Bluder is a class at. The LSU coach not so much. C.C. gets a tect for slapping the ball after a stoppage in play, (not even looking at a official), but the LSU coach can be on the floor without even a warning. Bluder said she wasn't allowed to converse with the officials while the LSU coach did not seem to have a problem. Seems like the outcome was decided ahead and scripted much like pro wrestling!

Bluder is a class at. The LSU coach not so much. C.C. gets a tect for slapping the ball after a stoppage in play, (not even looking at a official), but the LSU coach can be on the floor without even a warning. Bluder said she wasn't allowed to converse with the officials while the LSU coach did not seem to have a problem. Seems like the outcome was decided ahead and scripted much like pro wrestling!
I agree that LSU players and coaches are terrible people at least in the sports world. But let's be honest...Clark has been the biggest whiner on the court all year in women's basketball, and she's been building up a technical all year as well with the antics. She by all rights should have gotten a T for the John Cena thing a long time ago, and she gets away with bitching at refs constantly because she's the golden child. Basically, she's the Tom Izzo of WBB players. The best in the biz, but gets away with shit she shouldn't. It came home to roost finally (not the reason they lost the game, btw) and now people are mad.

Bluder is a great coach and an even classier person...that's not debatable. But she should have seen that coming along time ago and told Clark to knock it the hell off and worry about playing basketball. The Murray brothers are the best example of shutting your mouth, not acting like an entitled brat, and letting your game speak for itself. Hopefully Clark grows out of it.

well yeah... iowa doesn't have the talent these other teams do.

But Bluder better be hitting up that xfer portal hard.. who wouldn't want to play with Clark and have open looks all day long.

I was thinking the very exact same thing when watching their presser. They got all this attention and became of the love of many fans outside of Iowa because of who they are and what Bluder has built. I also thought it's a great time to really hit recruiting hard and the portal, to possibly pull in a kick azz post player with experience who would want to play with CC, along with any other highly rated player, that fits the "family" style. Read into that what you think.

I agree that LSU players and coaches are terrible people at least in the sports world. But let's be honest...Clark has been the biggest whiner on the court all year in women's basketball, and she's been building up a technical all year as well with the antics. She by all rights should have gotten a T for the John Cena thing a long time ago, and she gets away with bitching at refs constantly because she's the golden child. Basically, she's the Tom Izzo of WBB players. The best in the biz, but gets away with shit she shouldn't. It came home to roost finally (not the reason they lost the game, btw) and now people are mad.

Bluder is a great coach and an even classier person...that's not debatable. But she should have seen that coming along time ago and told Clark to knock it the hell off and worry about playing basketball. The Murray brothers are the best example of shutting your mouth, not acting like an entitled brat, and letting your game speak for itself. Hopefully Clark grows out of it.
There is difference between what Clark did and what Reese did. Clark doesn't follow players around taunting. All of her antics are to the crowd to get them fired up. If you don't think pretty much all of Clark's antics are calculated you naïve.

Yes, the technical was huge because it was also her 4th foul. It was a 9 point game at that point with 1 min left in the 3rd. It totally changed the rest of the game. It was a weak technical, what Coach Kim was doing all game showed up the refs way more than what Caitlyn did

The fourth foul/technical was huge. Clark mentioned in the post game that it did affect her driving, but also, she made mention that LSU also seemed to keep someone in the lane to stop her drives. Mulky made mention to this as well stating she knew that Clark would get her looks from behind the arc, but wanted to stop the drives.

Caitlin is Caitlin and I absolutely love the emotion and passion she plays with on the court. However, she is also walking a very thin line with regards to some of the antics. Unfortunately it caught up with her last night, but regardless LSU and women's basketball should be thankful for Caitlin and this Iowa team because they put the sport on the map.

Women's championship tickets going for higher prices then the men's tickets. I'm sorry but that doesn't happen if Caitlin's not playing in that game. It may not have been the fairytale ending we were all hoping for, but Caitlin and her teammates did more for the sport of women's basketball these past couple of weeks then we can imagine. As a fan of the men's game who paid little attention to the women's game prior to the halfway point of this season my only complaint is that I waited this long to become a fan and jump on the bandwagon. Girls got game!!!

Last edited:
I still don't understand the uproar over what Reese did. Is it poor sportsmanship, probably, but so what. Good sportsmanship is long gone. Watch an Iowa wrestling match and see how both wrestlers act towards each other, the other coaches, the other fans, etc. We don't say anything (especially if it's our wrestler or coaches). The NFL has poor sportsmanship and we love it (if it's our team). Baseball has bat flips after home runs, and we love it (if it's our team). NASCAR drivers and hockey players get into fights, and we love it. I also think the optics of a taller black woman taunting a smaller white woman has triggered a lot of people and making this a not so subtle race thing, when it was just modern day athlete behavior.

Also, Reese knew exactly what she was doing, and it's paying off by her getting tons of exposure now, which will translate into NIL money. So good for her.

I still don't understand the uproar over what Reese did. Is it poor sportsmanship, probably, but so what. Good sportsmanship is long gone. Watch an Iowa wrestling match and see how both wrestlers act towards each other, the other coaches, the other fans, etc. We don't say anything (especially if it's our wrestler or coaches). The NFL has poor sportsmanship and we love it (if it's our team). Baseball has bat flips after home runs, and we love it (if it's our team). NASCAR drivers and hockey players get into fights, and we love it. I also think the optics of a taller black woman taunting a smaller white woman has triggered a lot of people and making this a not so subtle race thing, when it was just modern day athlete behavior.

Also, Reese knew exactly what she was doing, and it's paying off by her getting tons of exposure now, which will translate into NIL money. So good for her.
We cheer for the biggest showboat and shit talker in the game, when she gets it back, imo, it's fair and comes with the territory. Caitlin swings a big stick, she can also shoulder it when it swings back.

Latest posts