Hawk Threes: 8-19 42.1%
Colorado Threes: 10-31: 32.3%

Hawk Rebounds: 32
Colorado Rebounds: 40 with 21 ORebs

Rest of stats: Fairly Even

Great Gutsey Game Hawks

It's All Good, Lads

:cool:

Great win. Odd how foul trouble impacted both teams so much, starting even back in the 1st half. Fouling out their 3pt shooter who had 19 pts in the 1ST HALF was huge...they're a very different team without her.

Gabbie doesn't get the credit she deserves for the success of this team...tonight she was tasked with slowing down the quickest player Iowa has seen all season -- done. Then they put her on the hottest shooter they've seen all season to slow her down -- done. She is the defensive stopper that the men simply didn't have this year. Without her, they don't get past Georgia, and possibly don't win tonight.

Two other points: I didn't see that final foul on Gabbie as intentional. Moving screens happen all the time, and if the two players involved were the same size it would have probably been a no-call! It's just that in this case you had the biggest player on the floor and the smallest player colliding. The fault for that collision partly rests on Iowa's shoulders -- your teammates are supposed to warn you about what you can't see!

I enjoy watching Clark, like everyone else. But I'd enjoy watching her a lot more if she didn't bitch and complain about every foul against her -- or ANY Iowa player for that matter. It really gets old. No ref has ever changed their call because a player complained. NEVER in the history of basketball. So why do it other than just to whine? On the other hand, Sherrod from CO had multiple questionable calls made against her, and 4 of the 5 times she just had the discipline to walk away and not say a thing. Caitlan has improved her game DRAMATICALLY over the past 12 months, but she's still got a few things to learn....altho I have a feeling some of those lessons won't come until she plays in the WNBA.
Go HAWKS!

Two other points: I didn't see that final foul on Gabbie as intentional. Moving screens happen all the time, and if the two players involved were the same size it would have probably been a no-call! It's just that in this case you had the biggest player on the floor and the smallest player colliding. The fault for that collision partly rests on Iowa's shoulders -- your teammates are supposed to warn you about what you can't see!
I think what made it intentional was the thrust of both shoulder and hip into Gabbie. It wasn't really a moving screen, her body largely remained set, EXCEPT for the shoulder/hip check directly into Gabbie. It was closer to being worthy of a disqualification than it was to being a standard foul.

Latest posts