Labas

THE LEGEND OF JOSEF LABAS BEGINS RIGHT NOW. GO HAWKS. COME ON JOEY, BRING US HOME THAT GLORIOUS MAYO TROPHY.

They can't get Cade McNamara into uniform quick enough? :)
YOU DON'T GO TO WAR WITH THE ARMY YOU WANT, YOU GO TO WAR WITH THE ARMY YOU HAVE. NEXT MAN* IN. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, NEXT FAN IN.

*I preemptively apologize if my use of gendered language offended anyone. If so please let me know so I can edit the comment.

YOU DON'T GO TO WAR WITH THE ARMY YOU WANT, YOU GO TO WAR WITH THE ARMY YOU HAVE. NEXT MAN* IN. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, NEXT FAN IN.

*I preemptively apologize if my use of gendered language offended anyone. If so please let me know so I can edit the comment.

anchorman-brick.gif

I'm just fired up to see Labas play.

I'm curious but if KF says Petras gave them the best chance to win and when Petras wasn't available he turned to Padilla, who looked horrible, I can't imagine how bad Labas must be when he was the 3rd string in that mess.

I personally don’t believe that zer language was tendered enough, dude bro.

Oct. 12, 2022

Q. Quarterback Joe Labas in the spring and throughout fall camp, it was about getting him up to speed with the quarterbacks in the room. How would you assess his progress through six weeks, and has he made steps to close the gap on Spencer and Alex?

BRIAN FERENTZ: Joe continues to do a good job, but the simple answer to that is he has not yet closed the gap on those two guys, but doesn't discourage you from continuing to work with him, right, and hope that you get there.

I'm curious but if KF says Petras gave them the best chance to win and when Petras wasn't available he turned to Padilla, who looked horrible, I can't imagine how bad Labas must be when he was the 3rd string in that mess.
I saw Labas in the spring practice (and I'm no expert), but he showed flashes around some bad decisions.

Remember that Charlie Jones last year was considered the 3rd best WR on the Iowa squad. The coaches don't always get it right.

The guy who "makes the fewest mistakes" in practice isn't always the guy who makes the most plays on game day. All depends on what you're looking at and for.

Remember that Charlie Jones last year was considered the 3rd best WR on the Iowa squad. The coaches don't always get it right.

Perhaps they are better judging QBs than WRs although KF did say Jones was having a really good spring before he transferred. The difference between your WR claim and the QB situation is we have evidence at how awful Padilla looked when coming in for Petras. I gave Padilla a pass for the OSU game as that was flat out stupid throwing him in there but Nebraska is bad and his throws & reads were terrible.

Having said that I'll happily eat crow if Labas looks like a stud in the bowl game. At the end of the day I just want the Hawks to win.

Latest posts