16 yards, TD

Game 3:
40 yards, TD
41 yards, TD
69 yards, FG
55 yards, TD

Game 4 (1st half)
87 yards, FG
Crap I'm editing the TDs, but to fit my narrative I'm not counting the field goals. That's no fun

I do think our defense may have had more yardage (interception return + fumble return) than our offense in the first half against Rutgers.

I think it’s funny that most don’t understand that this is how Iowa wants to play. This is the design and recipe. They’d like to be more efficient on O and get the run game going, but make no mistake, they’re more comfortable on D and will rely on it to win football games.

Read somewhere Iowa has a pick-6 for the 15th consecutive season....2nd only to Utah's 19.

Iowa's offensive scoring drives thus far this year:

Game 1:
5 yards, FG

Game 2:
16 yards, TD

Game 3:
40 yards, TD
41 yards, TD
69 yards, FG
55 yards, TD

Game 4 (1st half)
87 yards, FG

Interesting. I wonder what our avg starting field position has been as well.

Our offense is so damn depressing.

I think it’s funny that most don’t understand that this is how Iowa wants to play. This is the design and recipe. They’d like to be more efficient on O and get the run game going, but make no mistake, they’re more comfortable on D and will rely on it to win football games.
At halftime KF said the offense was good and no corrections needed.

That said why have a National Title D complemented by stupidity.

Phil Parker should be head coach then. Kirk can stand there and chew gum.
If Parker was head coach material he wouldn't have become a coordinator in his fifties and would want a NC which means an O fitting of his D. Simply put. Her wouldn't still be here.

This is not how any team "wants" to play. Playing to the teams strengths is great, but If the design and recipe is to be the worst total offense in the country, and ask your defense to do everything, then it's coaching malpractice.

This is not how any team "wants" to play. Playing to the teams strengths is great, but If the design and recipe is to be the worst total offense in the country, and ask your defense to do everything, then it's coaching malpractice.
The design is not to have the worst offense in the country. The design is don’t turn it over, play field position, and pin your opponent deep and let them make mistakes. Iowa has used this recipe for 2 decades now and the coach is gonna get a statue out front of our barn.

The design is not to have the worst offense in the country. The design is don’t turn it over, play field position, and pin your opponent deep and let them make mistakes. Iowa has used this recipe for 2 decades now and the coach is gonna get a statue out front of our barn.
While I get what you're saying, and agree on historical "recipe" being effective overall, can't argue that. KF is a HOF coach.

That said, designed or not, we do in fact have the worst offense in the country. And what appears to be a top 15 level defense and special teams being wasted. Offense has gotten steadily worse under BF. Hes had plenty of time and more than enough resources. The stats and data is blatant. It's indefensible.

Last edited:
While I get what you're saying, and agree on historical "recipe" being effective overall, can't argue that. KF is a HOF coach.

That said, designed or not, we do in fact have the worst offense in the country. And what appears to be a top 15 level defense and special teams being wasted. Offense has gotten steadily worse under BF. Hes had plenty of time and more than enough resources. The stats and data is blatant. It's
Longevity isn't a lock into the HOF. I honestly don't think he gets into college HOF, maybe the Iowa HOF. Fry helped break the stranglehold of Michigan and Ohio St on the conference, helped integrate the SWC, and brought innovative offense to the Big Ten. Kirk has been a good steward.