Big Ten Not Well Represented in Early Poll

NorthKCHawk

Pulled this off ESPN. I wasn't expecting to see Iowa, but was surprised that the Big10 had only two teams (15 Indiana, 25 Illinois). Seems like the conference is perceived as down this year and doesn't look like there is a clear favorite. Maybe a sneaky good Iowa team can make some noise?

Would love to see Kris blow up this upcoming season to the point that when people speak of Keegan, they refer to him as Kris’s brother. ;)
Dare to dream. I guess you can look at it this way. Kris had a better year last year coming off the bench than Keegan did his freshman year coming off the bench. So, all we need Kris to do is make not quite as big a jump from his first year of play to his second. No problem, right!?

Pulled this off ESPN. I wasn't expecting to see Iowa, but was surprised that the Big10 had only two teams (15 Indiana, 25 Illinois). Seems like the conference is perceived as down this year and doesn't look like there is a clear favorite. Maybe a sneaky good Iowa team can make some noise?

Who else would you throw in there? I'm in football mode, but I will go with the usual suspects of: Purdue, OSU and Wisconsin. There's an argument for Purdue being top 25 worthy, the other two is a big fat NO. Iowa could definitely make some noise if it plays out the way we think/hope it will.

Seriously? If you are in the market for a job, who do you want to work for? Mediocrity? You have consumed the KF Cool Aid
External distractions like being ranked highly in the polls are just that...distractions. It's better to go into a season without undue media attention and a bunch of hype to live up to.

Internally, having high expectations for yourself as an individual and as a team is a given, obviously.

This seemed like an unnecessary attack on Fry and KF coming from a guy who doesn't know how to spell Kool-Aid. :)
Surprised Fry didn't jump on it. And yes there were a number of misteaks. I haven't had Kook-Aid since being a kid. The wife banned all that. Also, this is under basketball not futbol. Seriously, I am a dyslexic published author on ww2 history and ag econ (though that had nothin to do with it). The wife is a good editor before going to the publisher.

Would love to see Kris blow up this upcoming season to the point that when people speak of Keegan, they refer to him as Kris’s brother. ;)
That would be one hell of a season to watch and I'm so here for it. Who's to say he can't? He's got a great shot too and lefties man... They just have an advantage out there

That would be one hell of a season to watch and I'm so here for it. Who's to say he can't? He's got a great shot too and lefties man... They just have an advantage out there

I also expect the defense to be one of the best Fran has had collectively (meaning all the players overall).

Iowa has a chance to be ranked early because they face a pretty tough OOC. If you think that ESPN is down on the B1G this season, just wait til 2024
Ya, if people like myself stopped watching ESPN due to their total fixation on all things SEC and ACC, think how insignificant they will become when they basically only have betting and these two conferences. Already can't watch their coverage as it's just one talking head after another. Sad when a network strays so far from it's original intention for existing to try to be relevant.

I do believe he is going to have an outstanding season

Hawks love to run and Kris and Patrick are ready to go

:cool:

Top Ten is not surprising as usual every year

North Carolina, Gonzaga, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, and UCLA

Creighton is a surprise, but they have been one of the top teams for a while under McDermott's reign

Houston, Baylor, and Arkansas are going to be fighting for the top ten all season

Don't forget Villanova

It's All Good

:cool:

Latest posts