Big Ten Finalized The New Media Deal--$7 Billion

Some interesting quotes in there. Sounds like they could be making this super-conference sooner rather than later. $70 mil a year per school shows that TV networks value the conference.

And let's not forget the $70 million doesn't include other revenue sharing, individual school revenue, and things like NCAA tournament revenue.

This is a great thing for Iowa. I don't see how the Big 8, Pac 12, and ACC survive this even if they merge or redo the TV rights deals. Just about every major market is in the B1G or SEC now.

I'm selfishly just glad Iowa is in the cut.

I am really disappointed that Peacock is part of this for football and potentially "Olympic Sports." Hopefully their football rights are absolutely bottom of the barrel so it is shit like Rutgers versus Temple or Nebraska versus Oklahoma.

I am really disappointed that Peacock is part of this for football and potentially "Olympic Sports." Hopefully their football rights are absolutely bottom of the barrel so it is shit like Rutgers versus Temple or Nebraska versus Oklahoma.
Won't have to worry about Iowa playing there. I'm sure like you said it'll be garbage OOC games.

And let's not forget the $70 million doesn't include other revenue sharing, individual school revenue, and things like NCAA tournament revenue.

This is a great thing for Iowa. I don't see how the Big 8, Pac 12, and ACC survive this even if they merge or redo the TV rights deals. Just about every major market is in the B1G or SEC now.

I'm selfishly just glad Iowa is in the cut.

No shit. Just imagine if Iowa was on the outside looking in, like some of the Big 8 or Pac teams. What a lost feeling.

They say the 1st mil is the toughest to get. I haven't gotten it yet either.

Well as far as retirement and assets, I think I am real close. Retirement was cruising until this last year with the market.

But, this day in age with the money that is being thrown around, especially to athletes, makes one wonder why they can't make an easy mil.

Well as far as retirement and assets, I think I am real close. Retirement was cruising until this last year with the market.

But, this day in age with the money that is being thrown around, especially to athletes, makes one wonder why they can't make an easy mil.
Unless I inherit it or win it I won't get there. I won't live long enough.

about $1.1B a year

but, hey, the kids should be happy with the scholarship
They should be....the other guys (the employees of the school) are professionals. ;) And, now you got HIgh Schoolers that can make money off of NIL. Just wonderful.....so if teachers did not have more to deal with.....Johnny in 5th period might make more than the Social Studies Teacher and might just let him know it.....you can't tell me what to do I'm a millionaire. lol

Frank the Tank tweeted that there is an escalation section in the contract for further B1G expansion, should it happen. He said the usual suspects are Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, and Notre Dame.