B1G going to talk revenue sharing with players?

If those players want a chance to play professionally they are absolutely forcing them to play for a college. If you disagree, then take away from the program any player who has potential in basketball or football to play professionally. Is that a team you want to watch? Remember, this whole thing of saying they don’t deserve to be paid is about you…
Kobi Bryant says hi from above.

So because you—someone who in no way is materially affected by sports or athletes whatsoever—don’t like it, you should have a right to decide an individual can earn money in a free society?

Because a bunch of 40-80 year old affluent white dudes (this is the demographic railing against athletes earning money—take a look around at a game) want the “rah rah, yay college, win one for the gipper days” to hang around for their own nostalgia, college kids you don’t even know should be forced to stay broke in college? Think about what you’re saying, man.
I'm actually kind of a player in this, but I'm not getting into that. No way. And yes, I think there is a difference between a professional and a student. If the student wants to make money, then become a professional. Just my opinion, but reality is NIL is here, so the only think I can hope for is it gets regulated. Heck, even the NBA and NFL have salary caps and league minimums.....it is the Wild West right now in college sports.

The Ohio St's and Michigan's are loving your thinking Fry. And JBo's selfishness (and others), at least when it came to NIL, they opened Pandora's Box. The damage it is doing I think far outweighs the benefits from the total collective good at the college level.

Last edited:
I'm actually kind of a player in this, but I'm not getting into that. No way. And yes, I think there is a difference between a professional and a student. If the student wants to make money, then become a professional. Just my opinion, but reality is NIL is here, so the only think I can hope for is it gets regulated. Heck, even the NBA and NFL have salary caps and league minimums.....it is the Wild West right now in college sports.

The Ohio St's and Michigan's are loving your thinking Fry. And JBo's selfishness (and others), at least when it came to NIL, they opened Pandora's Box. The damage it is doing I think far outweighs the benefits from the total collective good at the college level.
There’s only so much room on a roster and so many five stars out there. Same number there were before NIL. Totally overblown to say that NIL is going to cause super teams. Those super teams already exist.

Kobe Bryant was a one in a billion talent for starters, and when he was in high school you could go straight to the NBA. Can’t do that now. Keep up.
Ya now one year removed now for players.....but that player could conceivably go over seas for a year and then head to the league. And, just one year in college in any event...hardly a chain gang....and that player likely has it made with a scholarship and all the fringe benefits that go with it. If they are good enough, they don't even have to finish their schooling....but get 1 year of a first class education in the process. Many people would kill for that.

Last edited:
There’s only so much room on a roster and so many five stars out there. Same number there were before NIL. Totally overblown to say that NIL is going to cause super teams. Those super teams already exist.
Sure, but is does not help the cause, only makes it worse. I don't want things to be harder for us.

Literally never happens.

Try again.

Using the word “conceivably” has never strengthened one’s argument.
But they could, but they choose to go the college route. Again, no one is forcing them to play college ball....the world needs ditch diggers as well. But, with NIL...they really don't have to worry about that too much unless they want some Euro girls and lifestyle for a bit waiting for the NBA train to arrive. Again, what an adventure (could it be as wild as Victor's time lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCvG1TCyikM)....but I advise to stay far clear of Russia and definitely leave the pot at home.

Just say no to drugs.

Last edited:
Even if you like the current system why all the hostility to the players trying to change it? You will applaud these players trying to improve on the field but they try to take off the yoke of exploitation a little bit and get paid and suddenly they’re the enemy.

They are the bottom of the pyramid generating all the money and get next to nothing for it in comparison. Nobody is going to pay to watch Barta F up lawsuits or Kirk chew gum and engage in nepotism.

Kobe Bryant was a one in a billion talent for starters, and when he was in high school you could go straight to the NBA. Can’t do that now. Keep up.
I looked it up, there have been 4,374 players that have played in at least one NBA game. And argument could be made that Kobe was not the best of all time. So, my math says one in 1,000 to 2,000 perhaps. Still, tough odds regardless.

I looked it up, there have been 4,374 players that have played in at least one NBA game. And argument could be made that Kobe was not the best of all time. So, my math says one in 1,000 to 2,000 perhaps. Still, tough odds regardless.
Now how many high school and college basketball players have there been since the beginning of professional basketball?

If anything I expect NIL to dissipate talent among Ohio, USC, Oregon and a handful of teams in the new SEC. Basically if you take a few players off of Clemson and Alabama and spread them to teams like Tennessee and Florida you create more parity, at least among the top. The spread between them and a team like Iowa or Wisconsin will still be big, but NIL should move really elite talent around just a little bit. One year A&M will land big with a bunch of money, then UT and UGA will "find" more money and land the stud class the next year, then Ohio will land a big class the next year, etc.

Lol, why?

Because it’s up to you to decide a kid should or shouldn’t be able to sign autographs?

You’re projecting your vision of the good ol’ days on a bunch of kids that you don’t know, have nothing to do with, and sports that have no affect to your own life other than you thinking someone shouldn’t make money (arbitrarily).
He's been anti NIL and been advocating for 'regulation' the whole time. It's exactly what the court ruled the NCAA and schools can't be doing. If a kid wants to charge 20,50 500 1000 for an autograph they can do it. Doesn't mean anyone has to go buy it from him the market will dictate that.

There's 2 ways these kids are going to cash in on this and both are what they are. Schools are going to be getting involved with 3rd party collectives that can raise $ (something Barta knows all about it's what he's good at. It's how he's raised $ for all the renovations on stuff over the years) that can then distribute the $ however they want. (This is where the title IX folks are gonna get their panties in a bunch) Just to the football team just to the mens hoops team etc.

Then on top of that each individual kid can just go get it. Anyone upset at Clark for cashing in with HyVee and some of the deals she's got going? She's probably the highest earner of any current Hawk if I had to guess. There's a walk on recruit who's last name is Kumm I believe and he's gotten a deal of some sort with Kum and Go because why the hell not? Why the amount of $ matters to anyone else is beyond me. That's capitalism.

The NCAA can't even bust guys like Bill Self in a timely matter but we expect them to regulate NIL on this grand of a scale.... Child please

Yes, but it only made the problem worse.
No it didn't. Again, there are only so many roster spots for the same number of 5 star recruits. You act like now all of a sudden Alabama and Georgia and OSU are going to get all the best recruits...oh wait...they already do.

Literally any player who would've gone to Maryland or Arizona State, or Cincinnati, or Boise State before NIL are still going there. None of those players would've gone to a blue blood and that won't change.

Latest posts