Stability...

That's what was impressive from Tates angle of it all. Once he knew clock was running and took the snap he wasn't looking for a short ball to get OB quick or anything like that. He quickly saw the DB on Holloway got the wrong memo and didn't stay with him and was playing zone I guess. So Tate put it right on him impressive all the way around

I remember when watching the game and there was a moment when Tate went back that I just knew he saw something downfield. You could almost see his head surveying and when making the throw, I might have even yelled to my wife "He's see's something!". Anybody else get that when watching.

Right before he chucked it, he saw a wide open player, then Holloway made his lone TD catch of his career.

Kurt Farence. Duh.
Lol, I laugh every time you do that. I get what your doing there.

Good coach but sucks in some ways. His stubbornness to hold the offense back because he is a control freak is saddening. His holding the offense back also is detrimental to EVER winning a conference title.

God help us if we went from a four team playoff to a sixteen playoff because Kurt would find away to run the offense so putridly so as to have us finish 17 or worse every season. Also the ADa would find a way to keep extending contracts under those circumstances. That’s not a typo ADa (a dumb ass). I have never seen such blatant nepotism as when Brian was promoted to QB coach when he would have been fired in any other power five conference. STILL I wish him nothing but the best. Totally love supporting the football team despite the offensive coordinator.

If Brian fucks up this season (one reason the extention should not have been given) then he needs to go and if Kirk doesn’t can his son’s ass then they both have to go no matter the cost.

Having said that I hope our offense finally breaks out this year and then I will grant Brian some gratitude. Until then he is an albatross.

People also ask

Why is albatross an insult?

images

The word albatross is sometimes used metaphorically to mean a psychological burden that feels like a curse.

Brian will you pleeeeese prove me wrong and become a great offensive coordinator, pleeeeeease??? I am running out of years.

Lol, I laugh every time you do that. I get what your doing there.

Good coach but sucks in some ways. His stubbornness to hold the offense back because he is a control freak is saddening. His holding the offense back also is detrimental to EVER winning a conference title.

God help us if we went from a four team playoff to a sixteen playoff because Kurt would find away to run the offense so putridly so as to have us finish 17 or worse every season. Also the ADa would find a way to keep extending contracts under those circumstances. That’s not a typo ADa (a dumb ass). I have never seen such blatant nepotism as when Brian was promoted to QB coach when he would have been fired in any other power five conference. STILL I wish him nothing but the best. Totally love supporting the football team despite the offensive coordinator.

If Brian fucks up this season (one reason the extention should not have been given) then he needs to go and if Kirk doesn’t can his son’s ass then they both have to go no matter the cost.

Having said that I hope our offense finally breaks out this year and then I will grant Brian some gratitude. Until then he is an albatross.

People also ask

Why is albatross an insult?

images

The word albatross is sometimes used metaphorically to mean a psychological burden that feels like a curse.

Brian will you pleeeeese prove me wrong and become a great offensive coordinator, pleeeeeease??? I am running out of years.
Boy. You really came up with a lot of new KF hate. Oh wait. You have said these same things about 200 times. yawn

If they just fixed the offense to average with our typical defense every year....we are New Years Six level...and maybe see the playoffs once or twice a decade.
Exactly, that’s my point. We always have big offensive linemen, and big talented tight ends. Ya think maybe we could devise an offense to utilize those skills more than four times a game?

Boy. You really came up with a lot of new KF hate. Oh wait. You have said these same things about 200 times. yawn
Just questioning the logic in putting someone in charge of QB’s who has zero experience there and who is already struggling to run a competent offense.

Of course you know more about it than Chuck Long does. Chuck has never been one to publicly criticize the program, so for someone like him to say something says all there is to be said.

There is no excuse for the offense to be as bad as it is and for strong efforts not to be made to reinvent it. At this point it is retarded what is going on. Seriously, making a guy a coach of the most important position on a football team, who has zero life experience at that position.

I suspect Kirk is trying to save his son’s standing, reputation, and career in the sport. If he let Brian go after last season, what future would he hold at that point. Seriously your dad fires you? Somehow Indont see that being conducive to any profession.

I seriously want Brian to be very successfully with the offense because if the offense is doing very well then likely the team is also. As many have said, we had a successful winning percentage last season DESPITE the offense.

Just questioning the logic in putting someone in charge of QB’s who has zero experience there and who is already struggling to run a competent offense.

Of course you know more about it than Chuck Long does. Chuck has never been one to publicly criticize the program, so for someone like him to say something says all there is to be said.

There is no excuse for the offense to be as bad as it is and for strong efforts not to be made to reinvent it. At this point it is retarded what is going on. Seriously, making a guy a coach of the most important position on a football team, who has zero life experience at that position.

I suspect Kirk is trying to save his son’s standing, reputation, and career in the sport. If he let Brian go after last season, what future would he hold at that point. Seriously your dad fires you? Somehow Indont see that being conducive to any profession.

I seriously want Brian to be very successfully with the offense because if the offense is doing very well then likely the team is also. As many have said, we had a successful winning percentage last season DESPITE the offense.
Sometimes (frequently) it seems the U of I system can't get out of it's own way. It does a number of things right, but then stubs it's toes often with public relations and banging it's head against the wall with things that don't work. No one is perfect of course, but then again you would think running into a stretch play over and over again for a 4 yard loss on first down would eventually ruffle some feathers internally......because God knows it does externally.

I wonder if growing up Brian (or whoever ultimately runs the show on offense) missed that part on the Jurassic Park movie where the velociraptors test the fence for weaknesses, systematically and "never attack the fence in the same place twice....they remember." Maybe also missed that part where Hayden says, "Scratch where it itches."

If they just fixed the offense to average with our typical defense every year....we are New Years Six level...and maybe see the playoffs once or twice a decade.

Does anyone really want to see Iowa in the playoff? I personally couldn't deal with it. But we were one drive against MSU away from getting there in 2015 and we had a decent ball club until we ran into the buzzsaw named Karlaftis from Purdue. We also couldn't block that Hutchinson kid from Michigan. I shudder to think of what our line would look like trying to stop Bama or Georgia. Ugh.

Part of the reason our defense is so statistically good is because of the offense Ferentz chooses to run. Lower risk, play for field position, don't hang the defense out to dry. I'm not sure that materially dialing up risk on our offense would make our team any better, and I actually suspect it would make us worse.

Does anyone really want to see Iowa in the playoff? I personally couldn't deal with it. But we were one drive against MSU away from getting there in 2015 and we had a decent ball club until we ran into the buzzsaw named Karlaftis from Purdue. We also couldn't block that Hutchinson kid from Michigan. I shudder to think of what our line would look like trying to stop Bama or Georgia. Ugh.

Part of the reason our defense is so statistically good is because of the offense Ferentz chooses to run. Lower risk, play for field position, don't hang the defense out to dry. I'm not sure that materially dialing up risk on our offense would make our team any better, and I actually suspect it would make us worse.
Part of me wants to see it, but the rational part of me knows Iowa would get steamrolled. If Michigan last year wasn’t enough of a deterrent for some folks I don’t know if there is one.

I’d definitely take the Hawks in a 12 team deal or 16 team format because it’d be drowned out in a little more noise. But not straight to a Bama or Georgia first round.

Exactly, This is kind of the situation that Fran needed to with the basketball team. Fran just needed more defense as the basketball team scores the ball fine.

Weird it is the exact opposite for each sport.

Just need some more open passing and WR play for the football team. They need enough where Iowa can jump on a team early and get an opposing team chasing points. When they do that and make a team one dimensional chasing points, Iowa is golden.

Part of me wants to see it, but the rational part of me knows Iowa would get steamrolled. If Michigan last year wasn’t enough of a deterrent for some folks I don’t know if there is one.

I’d definitely take the Hawks in a 12 team deal or 16 team format because it’d be drowned out in a little more noise. But not straight to a Bama or Georgia first round.

Yeah, if we get a 12 round deal and the top 4 have byes and Iowa could slide in as say the #5 or #6 team and draw some G5 chud in the first game and then maybe the #3 or #4 team in the second game where we could hopefully lose respectfully I would be okay with it, but I don't want some setup where we have to go play someone totally stacked in the first game after 5 weeks off. No one in the B1G is capable of handling those games other than Ohio.

Exactly, This is kind of the situation that Fran needed to with the basketball team. Fran just needed more defense as the basketball team scores the ball fine.

Weird it is the exact opposite for each sport.

Just need some more open passing and WR play for the football team. They need enough where Iowa can jump on a team early and get an opposing team chasing points. When they do that and make a team one dimensional chasing points, Iowa is golden.

Yeah, cool story. Have you ever seen Iowa playing from behind? Some blow dried hotshot like you wants to run some fancy offense, say we take the ball and throw a Rick 6 and get down early. Follow that up with a few three and outs. Now we're down 17-0. You ever seen Iowa's offensive prowess when that happens? Ugh.

Exactly, that’s my point. We always have big offensive linemen, and big talented tight ends. Ya think maybe we could devise an offense to utilize those skills more than four times a game?

But, I would venture to say the line unit on offense hasn't been completely up to par the past 2-3 years. Iowa has had holes at some positions each year. Something to plug.
Sometimes (frequently) it seems the U of I system can't get out of it's own way. It does a number of things right, but then stubs it's toes often with public relations and banging it's head against the wall with things that don't work. No one is perfect of course, but then again you would think running into a stretch play over and over again for a 4 yard loss on first down would eventually ruffle some feathers internally......because God knows it does externally.

Doesn't it seem like they just overthink things sometimes?

Good point. People do fail to look at how the team is built and how the style does affect the success of the other unit.

You pussies!

Krist, that's "Why You Play The Game!!".

I'd want to see it every damn year.

Last edited:
Yeah, cool story. Have you ever seen Iowa playing from behind? Some blow dried hotshot like you wants to run some fancy offense, say we take the ball and throw a Rick 6 and get down early. Follow that up with a few three and outs. Now we're down 17-0. You ever seen Iowa's offensive prowess when that happens? Ugh.

If you play scared in college football, you are done.

I don't want a fancy offense, I just want a competent one. I am perfectly fine with Iowa's style and current plays. I just want more variety in the current plays they run, like maybe some more passes to the RB's a little more downfield or even to the FB. Use that one extra player to keep the D a little more honest.

Trust the players.

You are supporting my point above. I stated Iowa needs to jump on teams early for the very reason you state above. If other teams can do that, why shouldn't Iowa be able to? Why should we expect Iowa to not do it?

But, to you point above, there is a balance there and Iowa's offense is designed to help it's defense. Iowa's D doesn't do well on the field when Iowa doesn't win the time of possession. Iowa's D doesn't do great gassed, and depth issues creep into the game.

Last edited:
You pussies!

Krist, that's "Why You Play The Game!!".

I'd want to see it every damn year.
Nah. Games like the HawkSlayer Bowl, Stanford '16, Michigan '21 do more harm than good.

The embarrassment of Michigan last year more than offset the awesomeness of PSU and that's not cool.

Latest posts