Pistons Cut Garza

In my mind it will be Luka's shooting that keeps him in the league.

I'm a Phx Suns fan and I've been trying to make a case for Luka, probably won't happen but here are mu thoughts. Luka can make it as a backup 4 and/or 5. T

he Suns starting 4 last year was Jae Crowder, good D, hustle, OK rebounder, very streakish shooter. In the series loss to Dallas to end their season Crowder was 3 of 26 from deep and that doesn't cut it. He has one year left on his contract and his name is out there in trader rumors. If he stays, it'll likely be on the bench.

Frank Kaminsky was with the Suns the last two years and plays a game much like Luka. But his knees are killing him and don't seem capable of handling the wear and tear of the NBA. The Suns waived him shortly before the playoffs started. I think he's done.

The Suns have Dario Saric coming off a year missed due to an ACL tear. He's getting paid $10M/yr. Saric is 6'10" and can shoot the 3. He's not very athletic and is't very fast but can muscle up people inside but when he's on he can shoot the 3 pretty consistently. Can he make it back? Who knows?

The Suns have Cam Johnson, a great shooter, 6'9" I think and some are touting him as the starter this year at the 4. Getting better and better.

At the 5 the Suns have Ayton, McGee and Biombo. With free agency about to start who knows if any of them will be back next year. If only one doesn't some back maybe Luka get be that 3rd center?

Anybody agree with this scenario being a possible landing sport for Luka? As I said probably not bu there probably lots of teams with situations like this that Luka could fit into.

Look, even before fuel injection and computers took over engine control guys figured out how to increase HP dramatically within the confines of displacement rules imposed by various racing series.
In my youth, I owned at various times a 70 Camaro SS 350 (4 speed), a 71 Cuda 340 (automatic), a 69 Firebird Formula 400 and a 66 Chevelle SS 396. For out of the gate speed and quarter mile, it was close to a tie between the Camaro and the Cuda. The Chevelle shoulda been faster, but the prior owner ran the crap out of it, but I got it cheap- even up trade for my Yamaha 175. The Firebird was just a pooch, it was an ugly green and wasn't even adequate as a chick magnet.

Wish I still owned the whole fleet.....................

In my youth, I owned at various times a 70 Camaro SS 350 (4 speed), a 71 Cuda 340 (automatic), a 69 Firebird Formula 400 and a 66 Chevelle SS 396. For out of the gate speed and quarter mile, it was close to a tie between the Camaro and the Cuda. The Chevelle shoulda been faster, but the prior owner ran the crap out of it, but I got it cheap- even up trade for my Yamaha 175. The Firebird was just a pooch, it was an ugly green and wasn't even adequate as a chick magnet.

As the Baby Boomers die and economic conditions worsen you might be able to reacquire the fleet for a pretty reasonable price. Good luck!

In my mind it will be Luka's shooting that keeps him in the league.

I'm a Phx Suns fan and I've been trying to make a case for Luka, probably won't happen but here are mu thoughts. Luka can make it as a backup 4 and/or 5. T

he Suns starting 4 last year was Jae Crowder, good D, hustle, OK rebounder, very streakish shooter. In the series loss to Dallas to end their season Crowder was 3 of 26 from deep and that doesn't cut it. He has one year left on his contract and his name is out there in trader rumors. If he stays, it'll likely be on the bench.

Frank Kaminsky was with the Suns the last two years and plays a game much like Luka. But his knees are killing him and don't seem capable of handling the wear and tear of the NBA. The Suns waived him shortly before the playoffs started. I think he's done.

The Suns have Dario Saric coming off a year missed due to an ACL tear. He's getting paid $10M/yr. Saric is 6'10" and can shoot the 3. He's not very athletic and is't very fast but can muscle up people inside but when he's on he can shoot the 3 pretty consistently. Can he make it back? Who knows?

The Suns have Cam Johnson, a great shooter, 6'9" I think and some are touting him as the starter this year at the 4. Getting better and better.

At the 5 the Suns have Ayton, McGee and Biombo. With free agency about to start who knows if any of them will be back next year. If only one doesn't some back maybe Luka get be that 3rd center?

Anybody agree with this scenario being a possible landing sport for Luka? As I said probably not bu there probably lots of teams with situations like this that Luka could fit into.
Ditto.... The league is all about the analytics of scoring and hitting 3s now. It just so turns out that that's his strength. 1 on 1 he can get a good shot up on anyone. He can hit 3s easily. His workout videos are beyond impressive when he shows that off.

The guy just works too hard at that and everything he does. I'd love love love to see him latch onto a good team. He could fill that stretch 5 role off the bench for about anyone. He's by no means a charity case of a roster spot he can help win games.

I bet Luka sticks around in the NBA and bounces around from G league to the bigs for a few more seasons at least. He's just too big and skilled for teams not to see value. He'll never be a starter or big time contributor but I bet he has more than a cup of coffee left in his NBA future.

Bob is a strange cat, but he can do anything he wants

George Niang has never played defense in his life and couldn't jump over a phone book, but he found a role in the NBA. He basically hangs around the perimeter and shoots 3(s) for about 10 minutes a game. Niang operates better in space than Garza does, but in the back of my head I am thinking if that dude can make it so can Garza.

Averaged 9.2 a game last year. For only playing 10 minutes a game that is amazing.

Correct. Imagine a Chris Dudley or Bill Wennington type guy who was a big body in the paint but that could bring the other dominant bigs of the era like Ewing, Shaq, Hakeem and the Admiral out to the perimeter to play defense. In that regime Garza would have had a 12-15 year NBA career and would have been the first or second big guy out of the All Star game every year for close to a decade. It would have been a fantastic role.
He could be Jack Sikma in the correct era. But that era was 40 years ago.

I keep coming back to Billy Paultz. I've compared Luka to The Whopper from day one. But now you're going back 45-50 years.

Are you sure it was the car that prevented you from being a better chick magnet?

This is another classic example of how difficult it is to stick in that league. Uthoff and Devyn Marble found this out. Aaron White has never even played in the league. Tyler Cook had a huge opportunity when Patrick Williams missed four months and covid had the team down to eight bodies some nights and he couldn't stick.

Keegan now has his opportunity, and looks well positioned. But damn that's a tough league.

I see Luka signed with Portland which might be a good fit for him.

Blazers didn't make the playoffs last year for first time in about a decade. The fans and team are worried that Damian Lillard will request a trade. new coach Chauncey Billups has a serious sexual allegation in his past and that hasn't set well with many fans. So the Blazers need to win.

They have center Nurkic who just signed a big extenion so they would be looking for backup support. They do have Joe Ingles and he's a forwaard/center. So Luka could give them some depth at the 4 and 5. They aren't likely looking for a starter.

I think I saw Portland picked up his option which means he's getting paid around $1.5/1.6 million but don't know if it would be guaranteed.

Luka could play his way onto this roster.

I see Luka signed with Portland which might be a good fit for him.

Blazers didn't make the playoffs last year for first time in about a decade. The fans and team are worried that Damian Lillard will request a trade. new coach Chauncey Billups has a serious sexual allegation in his past and that hasn't set well with many fans. So the Blazers need to win.

They have center Nurkic who just signed a big extenion so they would be looking for backup support. They do have Joe Ingles and he's a forwaard/center. So Luka could give them some depth at the 4 and 5. They aren't likely looking for a starter.

I think I saw Portland picked up his option which means he's getting paid around $1.5/1.6 million but don't know if it would be guaranteed.

Luka could play his way onto this roster.
Not Keegan money, but if properly invested and managed can set you for life. Plus, the guy could make a fortune as a motivational speaker....

Are you sure it was the car that prevented you from being a better chick magnet?
Well, that and the fact that I could talk to cars better than girls................and if you compared me to actors, it would be more like Steve Buscemi instead of Brad Pitt, so theres that.................