Mobile Pass 2022

Fryowa

Administrator
Ticket rep just called and said the Fight For Iowa mobile pass is going from $275 to $299 and will go on sale May 10.

Still a killer deal for a season ticket since I’m assuming traditional season tickets are gonna go up too.

Ticket rep just called and said the Fight For Iowa mobile pass is going from $275 to $299 and will go on sale May 10.

Still a killer deal for a season ticket since I’m assuming traditional season tickets are gonna go up too.

8.7% price hike right in line with inflation. Not a bad deal.

This will be my 26th season covering Iowa Football. I have never watched a game from the stands or tailgated.

Last edited:
This will be my 16th season covering Iowa Football. I have never watched a game from the stands or tailgated.
I feel ya. Started coaching my son's class in baseball when he was in 1st grade, went back to coaching high school when he got to 7th grade but that season got canceled because of covid, and last year as an 8th grader he played up to freshman ball. He's 16 now and I've never gotten to watch him play my favorite sport from the stands or a lawn chair. Probably never will.

This will be my 16th season covering Iowa Football. I have never watched a game from the stands or tailgated.
Also, tell the boss some weekend this year that you're not gonna start work till 11AM. We tailgate on Myrtle, come down and we'll fill you up on food and whatever you want to drink. The ISU game we're making po' boys with bluegills out of Okoboji... Got one of those rocking lawn chairs with the air shocks with your name on it.

Better yet, gimme your vest and camera, and you can hang at the tailgate and have my Kinnick seat to relax for the day. I'll make sure you get some kickass pictures, just show me where the on/off switch is and give me plenty of batteries and SD cards.

We live 5 hours away without stopping for pee breaks. If gas doesn't come down I might be looking for a moped.
I once saw a documentary about two fellas who drove a moped across Nebraska and into Colorado after they initially drove the wrong way across Nebraska whilst trying to return a briefcase to a gal who left it in the airport. They were frozen together. I don't think you'll want to drive a moped across Iowa in November.

That is a good price for the 7 games. Especially if like last year the hawks are playing great with big games you could probably sell a single ticket to a Michigan fan for $100 or a Nebby fan for some nice amount.

Last year we sold one ticket in our group of four for every game for some really good money especially for the Penn State and Purdue games. A lot of fans want to go to the away games and will pay $100 bucks easy just to get into the game.

I don't really sit in the press box anymore. I spend most of my time on the field shooting photos these days.

I did spent most of my time through the years up there, though. I've covered every home game as a reporter/photographer dating back to 1997 other than '20.

Jon and I talked through the years about going to a game together and sitting the stands and it never happened. Maybe when/if I retire. I do want to photograph tailgates at some point as a project. I think that would be fun.

I don't really sit in the press box anymore. I spend most of my time on the field shooting photos these days.

I did spent most of my time through the years up there, though. I've covered every home game as a reporter/photographer dating back to 1997 other than '20.

Jon and I talked through the years about going to a game together and sitting the stands and it never happened. Maybe when/if I retire. I do want to photograph tailgates at some point as a project. I think that would be fun.

It's too damned bad Old Man Miller ran off most of the board. We did one tailgate that was all austere posters from this forum where this dude got arrested inside of Kinnick and blamed me for serving him a "RoofieColada." And I could really use a journalist to help clear up the story about the time I pissed "ON" my pants. I didn't piss my pants, I pissed on them. I even have a Hawkeye Nation jacket.

How much?

Let me go through my winter stuff (I have two boxes of stuff that say "WINTER CLOTHES" that I mercifully have never unpacked). I have one that I wear on occasion that is not packed away and I think I may have another that is packed away that is like a XXL or something. It is way too big for me. If I can find it, it is yours. No promises. My wife indiscriminately tossed things when we moved.