Linderbaum is the highest rated Center in PFF history

Its going to be hard for anyone to take a center in the Top 10, but if you believe that you can get a near sure thing dominant center for a decade or more, versus rolling the dice on a WR or CB, its hard to justify passing up someone that good. I maintain that the Raiders drafting Janikoski in the first round was actually about the only smart thing they have done the last couple decades.

As they say in baseball, don't get greedy. Take the out if they are giving it to you.

Every mock I see has Linderbaum sliding farther down the 1st round. I say BS, but center is not a position that gets drafted very high. Here's an article that talks about him possibly slipping out of the 1st round: Link

Iowa center Linderbaum is the top-ranked interior offensive lineman on the Pro Football Network Top 300 Big Board. He’s an exceptional athlete who excels in getting to the second level in the run game. Meanwhile, he’s also demonstrated that he can overcome concerns about being relatively undersized by utilizing an innate understanding of leverage.

That comes from his high school wrestling experience. Linderbaum’s ability to use his opponent’s weight against them to succeed was famously demonstrated against now NFL first-team All-Pro offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs. With impressive footwork, football intelligence, and hand placement, Linderbaum has been described as one of the cleanest and safest prospects in the class. So, why are there rumors that he’s slipping down NFL Draft boards?

“Linderbaum is slowly falling for a couple of reasons,” Pauline asserts. “No. 1: I’ve said time and time again, he’s not a power lineman. He’s not someone who just drives opponents off the ball. He’s more of a zone blocker.”

Pauline also points to some concerns around his NFL Combine testing, or lack thereof. “He shows up at the Combine, and his arms are 31”. There are questions about his strength and power. How does a guy with 31″ arms who isn’t very strong handle the Jordan Davis‘ of the world when they get inside your body?”

Every mock I see has Linderbaum sliding farther down the 1st round. I say BS, but center is not a position that gets drafted very high. Here's an article that talks about him possibly slipping out of the 1st round: Link

The lack of power is very concerning, I doubt he could do anything with a big, strong DT:

1649171531235.png

As an aside, the guy he plants 7 yards beyond the LOS is 315 pounds.

I think if he had longer arms and was 315 pounds himself, he might go in the Top 10. He won't go that high as is. A lot of scouts don't want to believe what they see on tape and want to rely upon what the underwear olympics tell them. Whoever gets him will have an anchor for a decade. I hope its the Vikings......

If Tyler drops down a few notches, he will simply go down in Iowa football history as another Hawkeye who was under rated and then turned into an all pro, or made a lot of $$ over several years in the NFL.
Yeah I'll be surprised if he doesn't have a similar career to what Yanda had only at center. My guess is he'll be a perennial all pro borderline HOFer. If he stays healthy I just don't see why not

I think if he had longer arms and was 315 pounds himself, he might go in the Top 10. He won't go that high as is. A lot of scouts don't want to believe what they see on tape and want to rely upon what the underwear olympics tell them. Whoever gets him will have an anchor for a decade. I hope its the Vikings......
WTF, North? Shorter arms means he won't get called a penalty for holding as much.

WTF, North? Shorter arms means he won't get called a penalty for holding as much.
Agreed. I get why arm length might matter for a tackle given that they have to block in space against speed guys. But centers? You want them compact! But, every draft report on Lindy I have seen has questioned his size and arm length as his only knocks. His tape is damn near flawless......

BF was OC from 2017 - 2019, and each year we had offensive FEIs between 41-53 in the nation. Not elite, but not awful. But look at the talent we had. On the offensive side, the following are either NFL guys or borderline (good enough to make practice squads): ISM, B. Smith, Easley, Wadley, Lindy, Wirfs, A. Jackson, Hockenson, Fant, Banwart, Sargent, Beyer...

Over the last 2 years, we have been 90th and 99th.

1681409434835.png

2021 future pros? Lindy, LaPorta, Lachey...anyone else? Maybe Colby and Richmond (injured for this particular game), but both were starting as Fr.

Here is the depth chart for 2022 Nebraska (week after LaPorta was injured in MN game):

1681409644778.png

Who are the offensive NFL guys on that chart?

BF is not doing enough with the talent he has, other OCs have gotten more out of less. But the big drop over the last 2 years is about talent as much as anything.

Last edited:
I really like The Athlete, and have a year subscription for One Dollar a month

They are miserly with their content

I can cut and paste the body of articles though

Copying the link as you did works, so far

:cool:
Do not paste articles. Media sites pay for services that crawl web pages looking for copyrighted content pasted on free websites and they have gotten forum boards shut down for it. And you don’t have a say in the matter, they don’t threaten to sue the board owners, they threaten to sue the ISP and hosting service which doesn’t care what you think and will shut your ass down in a hurry.

And it’s only fair. It’s stealing.

I was a mod on a VERY large outdoor forum (30x the size of this one on a slow day) for years and there was a guy who copy/pasted articles from In-Fisherman. Got the entire site shut down with no notice and it took an act of congress to get it going again. Don’t do it. It’s automated services looking for it so it doesn’t matter if HN is small or not.

You’re way too good of a poster to risk it.

Do not paste articles. Media sites pay for services that crawl web pages looking for copyrighted content pasted on free websites and they have gotten forum boards shut down for it. And you don’t have a say in the matter, they don’t threaten to sue the board owners, they threaten to sue the ISP and hosting service which doesn’t care what you think and will shut your ass down in a hurry.

And it’s only fair. It’s stealing.

I was a mod on a VERY large outdoor forum (30x the size of this one on a slow day) for years and there was a guy who copy/pasted articles from In-Fisherman. Got the entire site shut down with no notice and it took an act of congress to get it going again. Don’t do it. It’s automated services looking for it so it doesn’t matter if HN is small or not.

You’re way too good of a poster to risk it.

That's why you cut and paste it into a Word document, then make a few minor changes, then put a dildo watermark on the background using clipart, then PDF print it, then turn it into a slightly grainy JPEG. Minor changes foil the web crawler and making it grainy will mess with the OCR crap and if it ever gets elevated to a human the dildo will make them reject it immediately. If it ever winds up in litigation some lawyer will have to explain that the dildo watermark is not part of the original content and it would potentially preserve a fair use argument because you could say the dildo was commentary on the quality of the article.

Unless you have the decency to moderately tweak a work and make it into a JPEG bearing a dildo watermark to provide a minimum level of protection to the host site you shouldn't be lifting content from other sites.

Latest posts